Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Montreal Canadiens
    Josh Gordon details his long struggle with drug abuse

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 10, 2017, 8:29 AM EDT

Suspended Browns receiver Josh Gordon says he wants to get himself off drugs and back in the NFL, and during a recent break from in-patient rehab, Gordon discussed the history of his drug abuse.

Gordon told Uninterrupted that, contrary to the narrative that the NFL banned him for weed, he has in reality been using many drugs, legal and illegal, for many years.

“I’ve used alcohol on many, many occasions, Xanax on many occasions, cocaine several occasions, marijuana most of my life, codeine, cough syrup, methazine — very prevalent where I’m from. It’s what I grew up using,” Gordon said.

Gordon said people have usually looked past his drug use because he’s such a talented football player. He said at Baylor, in particular, he got away with whatever he wanted to do: A Baylor coach actually gave him a substance he could drink before taking drug tests designed to mask the presence of drugs in his system.

“I’ve been enabled most of my life,” Gordon said. “I’ve been enabled by coaches, teachers, professors, everybody, pretty much, gave me a second chance because of my ability. Not too long after I got arrested for possession of marijuana at Baylor, one of my coaches came by saying, ‘You are going to get drug tested by the compliance office. This is how it’s going to work, this is what they are going to do. If they do call you in, here goes these bottles of detox.’ He showed me how to drink them, showed me how to take them. That was my first experience with getting over on the system and the authority not really being serious because it was being guided by someone who was employed by the university.”

Gordon is eligible to apply for reinstatement but has not yet done so. He says he is invested in getting all the help he needs and will then turn his attention to returning to football. As an incredibly talented player who is just 26 years old, Gordon does have a chance.

I think this is one of the 12 steps to becoming a clean human being once more. I don't care about the football JG but I'm rooting for the human being JG and wish him all the luck in his battle. Go Josh. There's probably more out there that are hiding in the closet. Not a good indictment for Baylor or the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post
    Finally. We got some honesty out of him -

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ens_up_ab.html

He was (is?) a mess.
    Here's the link to Uninterrupted.................https://www.uninterrupted.com/watch/...jg-josh-gordon

Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Pirates
    Quote Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post
    Finally. We got some honesty out of him -

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ens_up_ab.html

He was (is?) a mess.
    Its great that we get to see this side of him. But how do we know that this isnt just another publicity stunt?
    I WANT to believe that hes changed as much as anyone else. But really the only way to know for sure is to see it.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    Well, it's certainly better than implying that you got suspended cuz you had a drink on a flight. The road to honesty is a winding one for an addict. My guess he is moving in the right direction, at least.

cle.247sports.com

Josh Gordon is on the clock

Josh Edwards
    2-3 minutes

Josh Gordon left rehab and has been training in Florida in preparation for a return to the NFL.

It is unknown whether or not he has officially applied for reinstatement to the league. He was expected to apply in conjunction with a mini-documentary that was released earlier this month.

The clock is ticking for the suspended Cleveland Browns wide receiver.

Gordon must play in six games this season to accrue a season towards his contract. The 26 year old is currently playing out a four year deal worth $5,341,648 that he signed as a rookie in 2012. He is scheduled to be a restricted free agent after the conclusion of the current season. However, if he does not return and play in six games this season, then he would not become a restricted free agent until after next season - if he plays in six games.

(Sign up for our FREE email newsletter and do not miss any Browns breaking news as they prepare for a showdown with the Titans!)

Last time the Baylor product was reinstated, he was suspended an additional four games. If history repeats itself, even if he were reinstated today, he would basically be unavailable until Week 11 which means he would not get credit for the current season.

On January 25, 2015, Gordon was suspended indefinitely for violating the NFL's drug and alcohol policy. On July 25, 2016, the NFL announced the wide receiver would be reinstated after serving a four game suspension. Before he could make his long awaited debut, he voluntarily entered an in-patient rehabilitation facility. He returned to the league's suspended list. Commissioner Roger Goodell denied his latest attempt for reinstatement on May 11.

Gordon has recorded 161 receptions for 2,754 yards and 14 touchdowns in his career. The Baylor product was a second round choice in the 2012 NFL Supplemental Draft. Of a potential 80 regular season games since he entered the league, he has played in just 35.

well, if the Browns didn't want anything further to do with Josh, they could, and I think they would, have released him by now. Why wait until he gets reinstated? If you're just going to release him anyways. I think the Browns either want to see if he can still go, since we need massive help at WR or they want to try and trade him, good luck with that. Albeit, Sashi did get something for Gilbert and Erving, so, who knows.

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    Our receivers are such shit, we might as well just keep him around for a bit. I think JG who hasn’t played in years is better than what we have.
    Back, but did I ever truly leave?
    "Johnny Idiotface over there is never going to bring you a title!" -Seth Rollins, the best in the world.

Cleveland- home to the dumbest self appointed "smartest fans in the NFL!"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillzilla For This Useful Post:

stabber27 (10-21-2017)