Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    I get a lifetime ban from my job the FIRST time I test positive.
    It's obviously a far more important job than catching footballs.

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes NULL
    I wish it was LOL

Don't get me wrong....I think it ridiculous that pot is even on the banned substance list and illegal. Spent many years partaking in weed and alcohol and my opinion weed is WAY less harmful in probably every way possible.

But the fact is a majority of businesses have some sort of drug policy and most of them have pot on their list of banned substances.........and I don't know of ANY that give you as many chances as the NFL to get clean and go back to work.

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Montreal Canadiens
    cle.247sports.com

Josh Gordon out of rehab and back to the field

Josh Edwards

The suspended NFL receiver is taking his comeback seriously.

Josh Gordon is out of rehab and back to preparing for his future in the NFL.

The Cleveland Browns wide receiver departed from an in-patient rehabilitation facility on Sep. 21. On Wednesday, Sep. 27, he posted a Snapchat video of himself working out on a football field.

There have been no reports of Gordon re-applying for reinstatement. It is unclear how long it would take Commissioner Roger Goodell to make a ruling on his suspension.

On January 25, 2015, Gordon was suspended indefinitely for violating the NFL's drug and alcohol policy. On July 25, 2016, the NFL announced the wide receiver would be reinstated after serving a four game suspension. Before he could make his long awaited debut, he voluntarily entered an in-patient rehabilitation facility. He returned to the league's suspended list. Commissioner Roger Goodell denied his latest attempt for reinstatement on May 11.

Gordon, who is now 26 years old, has recorded 161 receptions for 2,754 yards and 14 touchdowns in his career. The Baylor product was a second round choice in the 2012 NFL Supplemental Draft. Of a potential 80 regular season games since he entered the league, he has played in just 35.

If he accrues a full season in 2017, he is scheduled to become a restricted free agent next off-season. Gordon is technically still fulfilling a four year deal worth $5,341,648 that he signed after being drafted. His money has been deferred since he was suspended indefinitely.

How can Roger Goodell continue to drag his feet on a decision? Doesn't make any sense.

Especially when you consider one of his teams are putting out wide receivers that belong in practice squads and free agency.

It's in his best interest to make a ruling on Gordon sooner rather than later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Not sure we can blame Goodell right now.....from everything I've seen and read there are no reports that Gordon has applied to be reinstated yet.
    He has to apply before Goodell can make a ruling.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Diehard For This Useful Post:

DawgUpNorth (10-01-2017)

Cleveland Browns Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    This is all on Josh Gordon. Trying to point the blame or whatever at others is futile. This situation was created by Gordon, it is all his doing and no one else's. Only Gordon can change it and it may be too late for even that as he has had opportunity after opportunity, chance after chance and he has not changed how he acts and what he does. And please spare me the "it's only pot/alcohol and it should be legal" arguments. The legality of it is up to the federal and state governments to work through. And even if it was legalized nation wide like alcohol I am pretty sure the NFL would take the same kind of stance towards it my employer would and that is yes it's fine on your pwn time but you can't be doing it or have it in your system while on the job.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DawgUpNorth For This Useful Post:

Cheffie (10-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    Not sure we can blame Goodell right now.....from everything I've seen and read there are no reports that Gordon has applied to be reinstated yet.
    He has to apply before Goodell can make a ruling.
    I thought be applied and got denied, but then reapplied a few weeks back and is just waiting for a ruling?

Unless he never reapplied again. But then that wouldn't make much sense at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

He just got out of rehad on the 21st and there are no reports of him applying for reinstatement yet.

The Cleveland Browns wide receiver departed from an in-patient rehabilitation facility on Sep. 21. On Wednesday, Sep. 27, he posted a Snapchat video of himself working out on a football field.

There have been no reports of Gordon re-applying for reinstatement. It is unclear how long it would take Commissioner Roger Goodell to make a ruling on his suspension.

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    Finally. We got some honesty out of him -

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ens_up_ab.html

He was (is?) a mess.