Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    24/7 HS FB Commissioner The Brookster's Avatar
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Ohio State Buckeyes

One last thing about Johnny

He admits that he was diagnosed about a year ago with bipolar disorder. That is no joke, and I wish him well in his recovery efforts.

But I still think the Cleveland Browns are much better off with him in another colored jersey.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/jo...ry?id=53006061

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!
    From Stabber's Browns' Bible
    In John we trust (12:7)

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    I wish him nothing but success. This whole idea that he must rot in hell or whatever cuz we made the mistake of drafting him is just stupid. The mistake was ours, not his.

24/7 HS FB Commissioner The Brookster's Avatar
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Ohio State Buckeyes
    ^^^^^^^
    As stated, good wishes to Johnny for a healthier life.

As for drafting him........When your boss pays a HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS for a survey that tells you (and the entire NFL community agrees with that) to stay away from that cat - and you're still arrogant enough to say, "Nah - I got this..."

Thank God Dorsey is sitting in that chair now.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!
    From Stabber's Browns' Bible
    In John we trust (12:7)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Brookster For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (02-12-2018), zipazoid (02-12-2018)

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    Bipolar depression runs in my family, so I know what Johnny is dealing with and that it isn't easy. There are a few different roads he can go down, as has been the case with my own family members that deal with it. The good thing is, at least for the time being, since he's stopped self medicating for the time being he can find something that actually helps him. That's the biggest struggle with stuff like this, medication helps for awhile but it takes time to know if something is the right fit. Even then, it may not be for the long haul.

Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Pirates
    I just hope that he's telling the truth.
    I dont like feeling like hes not telling the truth, but his track record isnt very good.

Had he put in the work, i think things would be different. I dont feel like he gave his all, and I cant feel bad for him.
    The only thing he wrecked was his career.

Now if he is telling the truth, I wish him well.

I just have a hard time believing him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheffie For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (02-14-2018), zipazoid (02-13-2018)

There's definitely the "boy who cried wolf" aspect of his personality - is he just going for attention/sympathy? We'll find out.

He had problems going all the way back to his high school days. His parents didn't get him any help. They enabled his behavior. So did everyone in college. That's why he became what he did. I hope he gets help now and gets his life back on track. But someone should have done something for him a long time ago!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ParmaDawg For This Useful Post:

rab (02-14-2018)

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    Quote Originally Posted by ParmaDawg View Post
    He had problems going all the way back to his high school days. His parents didn't get him any help. They enabled his behavior. So did everyone in college. That's why he became what he did. I hope he gets help now and gets his life back on track. But someone should have done something for him a long time ago!
    There's only so much you can do... It sucks. My cousin has bipolar disorder and schizophrenia and her parents can't do anything because she was diagnosed after she turned 18.

This is why I really bristle when fans just say "He's a dumbass" or "He sucks."

We heard the former with Josh Gordon - "Dude just needs to stop burning tree...he's an idiot" - then we find out he was getting lit before every game on multiple substances. He's an addict, which is a disease.

We heard the latter on Manziel - "Entitled Party Boy" - Now he's admitting to being diagnosed as bipolar (which at this point is just him saying it so there's that).

Point being, y'all don't know anything about these guys & what they are dealing with. And just cuz they play/played for your team doesn't mean you know them, or can judge them.

Most of my condemnation is aimed at the front office. They already had a very talented but troubled wide receiver on the team in Josh Gordon. Drafting Johnny with all of his known problems was just adding gasoline to the fire. When you have a troubled person it is vital that you don't add more troubled people to the mix. Personal issues aside, a competent front office would KNOW that Johnny Football's skill set wouldn't translate to the NFL game.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ParmaDawg For This Useful Post:

zipazoid (02-14-2018)