Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    I updated this today, no more Alex Smith or Cassius Marsh, adding a draft pick, got a different veteran QB to replace Smith, added a breakdown to the logic behind specific moves. Moved Tolliver up a pick because of stock.

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    I'm down with getting Ty Taylor. Think he would be ideal for us while Mayfield incubates.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zipazoid For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (02-12-2018), The Brookster (02-12-2018)

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post
    I'm down with getting Ty Taylor. Think he would be ideal for us while Mayfield incubates.
    I think Smith would have been ideal, but Taylor is about as close as it gets based on who is left.

24/7 HS FB Commissioner The Brookster's Avatar
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Ohio State Buckeyes
    Quote Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post
    Jer - you brought up a great point earlier. Yes, McCarron has been in the league 4 years - but he is two years removed from taking an NFL snap. That's at best a risky FA signing or trading for - given his actual game experience. Not a hell of lot of wisdom to convey to the kids - as you said - he don't count as a vet.

The thing that is appealing about Tyrod is how similar his game is to Baker's. As I said previously - give him the 4 year deal he is looking for, front load and guarantee the first two years of it with a club option for years 3 and 4. If he flat out wins the job, cool. If he doesn't, I'm sure Baker or Darnold will be ready.

Win Win

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!
    From Stabber's Browns' Bible
    In John we trust (12:7)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Brookster For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (02-12-2018), zipazoid (02-12-2018)

Well, Chill - I feel kinda bad even questioning some of your scenarios. Even though, let's just say I am old and you are not..... LOL - you have probably forgotten more about scouting players than I will ever know. Overall, this a fantastic thread. You have done this on an annual basis, but in years past - because of who was calling the shots on Lou Groza Blvd., there was no way in hell that any of it was coming true.

I honestly do not feel that way this season. I think that the analytic approach has been put in its proper place. It is not to be discarded, but used as a support tool to justify your scouting expertise. At the end of the day, you may use the numbers to support your decision - but you arrive at your decision but trusting your scouting skills and experience. Those are the type of guys in charge now. Based on their track records, I would give your prognostications an even money chance of becoming reality.

As far as the players released, the only one I may want to keep is Ricardo Louis. I base this on how short of a time he has actually been playing wide receiver. But we have to get better NOW, and drops are drops - and you cannot survive in the NFL as a WR doing that.

As far as the trades - I would like to give Kizer one more season. My reasoning is that I am very impressed with new QB coach Ken Zampese's NFL track record. Kizer did come out of school too early. I would like to see if he can learn from his experiences as a 21 year old with better coaching. But if Dorsey pulls the trigger on a trade, I will not be upset.

The trade I really would not like to see happen is James Burgess. He impressed the hell out of me from where he started last year and how he grew. I think there is diamond in the rough potential there.

Free agency - you nailed it. If we sign all those you are talking about there, you will have a solid leader at every level of the defense. Garrett (DL) Johnson (LB) and Johnson (DB). Yes Zip - I shamelessly stole your idea. Love the Corey Grant pick up too

You aced the draft too. Glad to see you switched to my church and we are singing from the same choir regarding JK Scott. I have never forgotten how he did every thing in his bag of tricks to pin the Buckeyes as deep as he could in the Sugar Bowl (2014 season). Kid is a freaking weapon.

Way to go dude!
    Last edited by The Brookster; 02-12-2018 at 10:36 PM.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Brookster For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (02-13-2018), zipazoid (02-12-2018)

Last edited by The Brookster; 02-12-2018 at 11:51 PM.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Brookster View Post
    Well, Chill - I feel kinda bad even questioning some of your scenarios. Even though, let's just say I am old and you are not..... LOL - you have probably forgotten more about scouting players than I will ever know. Overall, this a fantastic thread. You have done this on an annual basis, but in years past - because of who was calling the shots on Lou Groza Blvd., there was no way in hell that any of it was coming true.

I honestly do not feel that way this season. I think that the analytic approach has been put in its proper place. It is not to be discarded, but used as a support tool to justify your scouting expertise. At the end of the day, you may use the numbers to support your decision - but you arrive at your decision but trusting your scouting skills and experience. Those are the type of guys in charge now. Based on their track records, I would give your prognostications an even money chance of becoming reality.

As far as the players released, the only one I may want to keep is Ricardo Louis. I base this on how short of a time he has actually been playing wide receiver. But we have to get better NOW, and drops are drops - and you cannot survive in the NFL as a WR doing that.

As far as the trades - I would like to give Kizer one more season. My reasoning is that I am very impressed with new QB coach Ken Zampese's NFL track record. Kizer did come out of school too early. I would like to see if he can learn from his experiences as a 21 year old with better coaching. But if Dorsey pulls the trigger on a trade, I will not be upset.

The trade I really would not like to see happen is James Burgess. He impressed the hell out of me from where he started last year and how he grew. I think there is diamond in the rough potential there.

Free agency - you nailed it. If we sign all those you are talking about there, you will have a solid leader at every level of the defense. Garrett (DL) Johnson (LB) and Johnson (DB). Yes Zip - I shamelessly stole your idea. Love the Corey Grant pick up too

You aced the draft too. Glad to see you switched to my church and we are singing from the same choir regarding JK Scott. I have never forgotten how he did every thing in his bag of tricks to pin the Buckeyes as deep as he could in the Sugar Bowl (2014 season). Kid is a freaking weapon.

Way to go dude!
    Thanks brotha, I'm just doing my part.

Regarding the Kizer move, I looked at it like this. John Dorsey seems to like Baker and Mike White from insider sources, I don't think there's any way we go into next year with Baker, Kizer, and White. It's just not Dorsey's style and we already tried to trade for Alex Smith. I think we both agree that we took Kizer too high last year, you know I had a round 4-5 grade on him and you weren't particularly high on him either. I'm willing to let him sit and develop, I wouldn't be opposed to that at all. But Dorsey gutted that Chiefs QB room when he got to Kansas City, and I think something similar could happen here. If we get a veteran and the first overall pick, Cody, Kevin, and Deshone could all be shown the door. Deshone, at the very least, showed that he has some traits worth developing. A team like the Redskins, who now have a 34 year old Alex Smith, could be thinking about getting Kizer to develop behind him. I know you understand their logic behind the move, but for the Browns I think there's something to be said about getting that 0-16 stink out of the room. Three new quarterbacks means three guys that didn't contribute to the worst season in NFL history. And you get some decent value for Kizer from Washington. Also, if Kizer and White were in the same draft, I'd pick White over Kizer coming out of college.

Louis or Higgins were the last receivers on the roster. I thought Higgins showed more so I decided to keep him around. I still think Sammie Coates has upside so that's why I kept him around too. Louis just doesn't seem to be good enough.

I moved Burgess simply because we didn't have room for him on the depth chart anymore. Picking up Johnson, Goode, and Spence, and Griffin were meant to give us some linebacker depth where we clearly didn't have any. We're going to have some casualties because of it. Moving on from players like Burgess shows that this team is getting more talented depth. I think a complete revamp of our depth players is needed, so I did that to our defensive ends and linebackers. I thought about getting Ron Parker as a backup safety, but I don't know how much Dorsey is going to spend.

Thanks for the feedback as always.

Duh - I forgot about the LBs we added.........

That's a great analysis of why the QB room will be cleaned out. 0-16 doesn't stink - it freaking reeks!

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Brookster For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (02-13-2018)

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Brookster View Post
    Duh - I forgot about the LBs we added.........

That's a great analysis of why the QB room will be cleaned out. 0-16 doesn't stink - it freaking reeks!
    I feel like Deshone could stick around because I really don't think it was all his fault, but some continuity shouldn't be kept.

And it sucked getting rid of Burgess, but I think the additions balance out the loss.