Jeremy Cash
    B.J. Bello
    Tank Carder
    Chris Barker
    Matt Hazel
    Ricardo Louis
    C.J. Board

Trades-

Browns acquire Tyrod Taylor from the Buffalo Bills in exchange for a 2019 4th round pick.

Browns trade quarterback DeShone Kizer to the Washington Redskins for the 13th selection in round four.

Browns trade defensive end/outside linebacker Nate Orchard to the Atlanta Falcons for the 26th selection in round seven.

Browns trade linebacker James Burgess to the Seattle Seahawks for 2019 seventh round pick.

Browns trade linebacker Dominique Alexander to the New Orleans Saints for conditional 2019 sixth round pick.

Free Agency-

Denico Autry, DE, Oakland Raiders- Outside of Myles Garrett, the Browns had a fairly lackluster pass rush last year. Autry isn’t a superstar player by any stretch of the imagination, but he’d be able to come in and play on passing downs as a rotational piece. The Raider had five sacks last season.

Corey Grant, RB, Jacksonville Jaguars (RFA, original pick tender)- Corey Grant is one of my favorite players in football and he hardly gets to play. Not only is he an ultra talented special teams contributor, but he has averaged a robust 6.1 yards per carry on offense as a pro.

Terrelle Pryor, WR, Washington Redskins- Pryor knows he shouldn’t have left the Browns last year and he’s going to rectify that. Adding Pryor gives the Browns a rock solid number two receiver behind Josh Gordon and the field stretcher that Corey Coleman has proven not to be.

Sean Spence, LB, Pittsburgh Steelers- Spence can be a solid contributor on special teams and as a backup linebacker. The Browns have awful depth behind their solid starting lineup.

Kareem Martin, LB/DE, Arizona Cardinals- Martin still has upside as a 25-year-old former third round selection. If anything, he can also be groomed as a special teams player in a unit that was awful last year.

Derrick Johnson, LB, Kansas City Chiefs- One of my favorite players of the past decade, Derrick Johnson is likely to be cut by the Chiefs in the coming weeks. Getting a veteran leader like him on defense will push a lot of the players currently on the roster to a new level.

Najee Goode, LB, Philadelphia Eagles- Goode is another depth player and special teamer that would help both units have depth.

Nickell Robey-Coleman, CB, Los Angeles Rams- Robey-Coleman would battle it out with Briean Boddy-Calhoun for the nickel back job. At worst, this is depth or even a free safety (him or Boddy-Calhoun).

Trumaine Johnson, CB, Los Angeles Rams- After many small pickups for depth, the big splash is Trumaine Johnson. Johnson has experience with Gregg Williams and is one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL. Adding him would allow the Browns to transition Jason McCourty to FS or push him to the second option. Adding Johnson essentially puts every defensive back where they should be on the depth chart.

Free Agents Lost-

Isaiah Crowell
    Lavar Edwards
    Marcus Martin

NFL Draft-

Round 1- Pick 1- Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma- I am confident that Mayfield will be the first quarterback selected in the 2018 draft based on his tape. Not only is he the most efficient quarterback in the history of college football, but he has the arm talent to back up the gaudy numbers he put up. Mayfield has excellent pocket awareness and an ability to improvise that makes him a fit in Todd Haley’s offense. Haley also uses a number of timing routes, which caters to Mayfield’s superb accuracy. Being behind Tyrod Taylor will also be helpful for his development, even though I think Mayfield is probably one of the most pro ready prospects behind Josh Rosen.

Round 1- Pick 4 (Houston)- Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, Alabama- The defensive rebuild can safely be considered over after this pick and the addition of Trumaine Johnson. Fitzpatrick is the best defensive player in this class and an absolute beast. With the ability to play any position in the defensive backfield, he’s an incredible value. This pick also allows Jabrill Peppers to move into a more natural box safety role if he’s able to beat out Derrick Kindred for the starting job.

Round 2- Pick 1- Kolton Miller, LT, UCLA- The Browns prepare for life after Joe Thomas with this pick, as Miller was one of the best pass protectors in college football last year and is a solid fit at this point in the draft. Miller’s skill set screams left tackle at the next level, so this addition would likely mean the end to Joe Thomas in a Cleveland Browns uniform through retirement or via trade. Miller has a large frame at 6’8 and really came into his own last year.

Round 2- Pick 3 (Houston)- Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia- It was a tough decision picking between Chubb and his teammate Sony Michel, but I’ve been on this bandwagon for years and I’m not backing out of it now. Nick Chubb is a hard runner with a lot of explosion. He looks to be back to his peak form after recovering from a serious knee injury and lacking some of the big play ability in 2016. This is a pick fans should feel happy with after missing out on Saquon Barkley.

Round 2- Pick 31 (Philadelphia)- Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana- I was sold on Cobbs after he decimated an Ohio State defense that will likely have 3-4 first round picks this year. He’s tall, has great hands, runs great routes, and has a really large build. A trio of Cobbs, Gordon, and Pryor gives the Browns one of the largest and most talented groups in the NFL.

Round 3- Pick 1- Kevin Tolliver II, CB, LSU- Tolliver screams upside here, as he’s a really talented player and shows some freakish abilities but has horrible lapses on tape. Gregg Williams should be able to iron out the issues and if he can get the light to flip on, this is a steal. Already really solid in man coverage, Tolliver may start out as a niche player for the Browns with potential to grow into more with development.

Round 4- Pick 1- Ade Aruna, DE, Tulane- Aruna is full of upside as a pass rusher at the next level. Though he wasn't incredibly productive at Tulane, this Nigerian born defensive end is 6'5, 265 pounds (he isn't done growing based on his body type), and will likely run below a 4.7 at the NFL combine. Oh, and he's only played football for four years. This is the very definition of a developmental prospect, but he giving Gregg Williams a ball of clay like this to mold into a something across from Myles Garrett would be a fun sight. Seems to quit on plays when they aren't to his side, and he needs to work on that or he won't be a full time player at any point in his career. Also, we need to see better technique, but that'll come with experience.

Round 4- Pick 13 (Washington)- Andrew Brown, DT, Virginia- Another really talented guy that can’t seem to play to expectations, Brown has a lot of upside as an interior pass rusher. The Browns need some more help at defensive tackle, even though Larry Ogunjobi showed well at times. Brown could be a passing down option next to Ogunjobi when Danny Shelton doesn’t need to be on the field.

Round 4- Pick 24 (Carolina)- Will Clapp, C, LSU- JC Tretter should be considered a question mark heading into 2018 even though he did improve as the year went on. Clapp is a guy who should have probably stayed in school but with him declaring early, the Browns get a guy that could have gone much higher a year from now and try to develop him. He could be groomed as a replacement for Tretter or Kevin Zeitler in a few years.

Round 5- Pick 1- Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky- After completely purging the quarterback room and adding Alex Smith and Baker Mayfield to the mix, Mike White rounds out the group as a solid developmental project for Hue Jackson and Todd Haley. If White had a stronger arm, he’d likely be a day two pick, but he doesn’t seem like he can make all the throws at this point. That can change, however, and arm strength can be added with an NFL workout regiment, so adding White because of his other qualities makes sense for a team that needs bodies at the position.

Round 5- Pick 22 (Kansas City)- Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana- Thomas has excellent hands and really came on during his final collegiate season. Again, this is an Indiana player that absolutely destroyed Ohio State and he looked like a really legitimate red zone threat in terms of what skills he brings to the table. The Browns have had trouble getting into the end zone in recent years, so players like Thomas would definitely help.

Round 6- Pick 1- JK Scott, P, Alabama- I’ve watched JK Scott punt for Alabama since he was a freshman and he is both consistent and extremely talented. This is the kind of player you don’t have to worry about for the next decade.

Round 7- Pick 1- Ryan Nall, RB/FB, Oregon State- Nall is a heavy and tough back that should probably make the transition to fullback at the next level. He lacks top end speed, but could still be a weapon in both the running and passing game. With offenses phasing out fullbacks, his hybrid role could earn him a roster spot.

Round 7- Pick 26 (Atlanta)- Shaquem Griffin, OLB, Central Florida- No, he isn’t the pick for the feel good story, he’s a hell of a football player and I think he can be a special teams ace at the next level. If you don’t know, Griffin had his left hand amputated when he was a child. Regardless, he has no issues wrapping up players, getting sacks, and is athletic enough to warrant this pick.

Depth Chart-

^ free agents *draft picks

QB- 1. Tyrod Taylor^ 2. Baker Mayfield* 3. Mike White*
    RB- 1. Nick Chubb* 2. Duke Johnson 3. Corey Grant^ 4. Matthew Dayes
    FB- 1. Ryan Nall* 2. Marquez Williams
    XWR- 1. Josh Gordon 2. Simmie Cobbs*
    YWR- 1. Terrelle Pryor^ 2. Rashard Higgins
    SWR- 1. Corey Coleman 2. Sammie Coates
    TE- 1. David Njoku 2. Seth DeValve 3. Ian Thomas* 4. Gavin Escobar
    LT- 1. Joe Thomas 2. Kolton Miller*
    LG- 1. Joel Bitonio 2. Rod Johnson
    C- 1. JC Tretter 2. Will Clapp*
    RG- 1. Kevin Zeitler
    RT- 1. Shon Coleman 2. Zach Banner
    3DRB- 1. Duke Johnson 2 Corey Grant

DE- 1. Myles Garrett 2. Carl Nassib
    NT- 1. Danny Shelton 2. Jamie Meder
    DT- 1. Larry Ogunjobi 2. Andrew Brown* 3. Caleb Brantley
    DE- 1. Emmanuel Ogbah 2. Denico Autry^ 3. Ade Aruna*
    SLB- 1. Jamie Collins 2. Kareem Martin^
    ILB- 1. Joe Schobert 2. Derrick Johnson^ 3. Najee Goode^ 4. Max Bullough
    WLB- 1. Christian Kirksey 2. Shaquem Griffin* 3. Sean Spence^
    CB- 1. Trumaine Johnson^ 2. Jamar Taylor 3. Howard Wilson
    CB- 1. Jason McCourty 2. Kevin Tolliver II*
    NCB- 1. Briean Boddy-Calhoun 2. Nickell Robey-Coleman^
    FS- 1. Minkah Fitzpatrick* 2. Kai Nacua
    SS- 1. Derrick Kindred 2. Jabrill Peppers

K- 1. Zane Gonzalez
    P- 1. JK Scott*
    KR- 1. Corey Grant 2. Matthew Dayes
    PR- 1. Corey Grant 2. Jabrill Peppers
    LS- 1. Charley Hughlett

Breakdown-

I approached this off-season mock up in the most logical way possible for the way this team is built. I added some veterans and depth to positions I felt necessary based on last year's tape. I tried to make some realistic trades that are not only feasible, but potentially likely. Derrick Johnson, Trumaine Johnson, and Tyrod Taylor are the most obvious big additions before the draft and they are all attainable through connecting the dots, what we know Hue Jackson likes, and the amount of money this team has. Corey Grant is one of my favorite backs in the NFL, even though he hardly gets to play. He's shifty, one of the fastest players at his position, and hasn't hit his ceiling yet. You're also getting a plus special teams player with Grant as well. Terrelle Pryor returns to the fold and that should help Tyrod Taylor and Baker Mayfield have a really good downfield option. Also, Pryor and Josh Gordon are both field stretchers, which will make David Njoku one of the best check downs in the entire league.

The draft was approached like I usually do, good players that I like and think could be available at certain picks. To me, Baker Mayfield is the best quarterback in this class with a bullet, so he's the first overall selection without question. With the next pick, I was stuck between four players, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Saquon Barkley, Bradley Chubb, and Roquan Smith. I went with Fitzpatrick because I think he's definitely going to be there with that pick (where Barkley and Chubb may not), and he's definitely the better player between him and Smith. Also, free safety and cornerback are huge needs and Fitzpatrick could potentially play both spots. Next comes Kolton Miller and I view him as a potential plug and play replacement for Joe Thomas, even though I don't have Thomas retiring. If Thomas stays, so does the pick, because I think it's necessary to get a guy that can play that spot. I still think Joel Bitonio should be given a chance to play left tackle, but that isn't up to me. Nick Chubb and Simmie Cobbs add some much needed firepower to an offense that was the reason this team went 0-16 last year. Chubb looked great last year and has the makings of a three down back while Cobbs is as talented as any other receiver in this class and would probably be in my top three if I released official power rankings for the position. He's also not getting a ton of love in the draft community, which I don't understand. You'll start to notice a pattern as the draft continues, my strategy changes in rounds 3-7. I focus less on production and more on raw skills and upside (to a point), mostly because I don't want to waste time on an untalented yet productive player. Ideally, you can get the best of both worlds, but the longer the draft goes on the less of a chance there is to draft supremely talented kids who were also very productive. Tolliver, Aruna, and Brown all fit that bill of talented but lacking on field consistency or refinement. To me, the reward outweighs the risk because all of these players would be first round picks if they played played up to their physical talent. Those are the players worth developing. After that, I went with some depth picks and special teams guys that I think would be good fits.
    Last edited by Chillzilla; 02-15-2018 at 01:06 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chillzilla For This Useful Post:

GratefulDawg (01-23-2018), zipazoid (01-23-2018)

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    Think that's all it will take to get Smith? Seems low.

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    Quote Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post
    Think that's all it will take to get Smith? Seems low.
    Yes, I do. They backed themselves into a corner taking Mahomes last year.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillzilla For This Useful Post:

zipazoid (01-24-2018)

Gamer IDs

I was thinking it would probably cost more, but because of the perceived salary dump coming from this, it'll be a big move for them just to dump his salary. Another team could try to offer more, but then we just alter our offer.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillzilla For This Useful Post:

zipazoid (01-24-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Chillzilla View Post
    Yes, I do. They backed themselves into a corner taking Mahomes last year.
    Yeah good point. The writing was on the wall when they started Mahomes late in the season, and you KNOW they were begging that he would look good so they could unload Smith & his salary. Yeah...we could get him cheap, couldn't we?

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Montreal Canadiens
    I would look out for Buffalo to make a move with their 2 first round picks (#21 and #22). Noise going around Buffalo is they might be moving away Tyrod Taylor, QB. They have a smart coach in Sean McDermott who has Pegula's authority to form his own roster and knows winning talent. Kansas City doesn't have a first round pick and only 5 picks in the whole draft and they would be thrilled for a trade that would give them two first rounders. jmho

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stabber27 For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (01-24-2018)

Gamer IDs

I wouldn't be shocked if the Bills did that, Stabbs.

Gamer IDs

But we also should look at the Patriots as an example, I think the Chiefs would much rather trade Smith to us over Buffalo. The Bills are a playoff team without Smith, and even with Mahomes the Chiefs have a limited window because of their defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillzilla View Post
    But we also should look at the Patriots as an example, I think the Chiefs would much rather trade Smith to us over Buffalo. The Bills are a playoff team without Smith, and even with Mahomes the Chiefs have a limited window because of their defense.
    You KNOW Dorsey has already been in contact with KC about Smith. Shit, he knows everyone there. So not only do we have the advantage over Buffalo as you stated it, but we got the X Factor. Dorsey.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to zipazoid For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (01-24-2018)

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Montreal Canadiens
    I wonder if Smith and Dorsey have same agents? That would make them even more joined at the hip.
    Last edited by stabber27; 01-25-2018 at 02:41 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to stabber27 For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (01-24-2018)