Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    24/7 HS FB Commissioner The Brookster's Avatar
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Ohio State Buckeyes

Coaching staff changes?

I saw this tweet earlier in our sidebar from Barking Hard. When I went to click on it, my virus protection kicked in and would not let me onto the parent site. WTF? Probably has something to do with the pop up ads..........

Anyway, what the tweet said was that Dorsey is bunkered in evaluating the assistants on the coaching staff - and as many as eight of them could be let go/not retained beginning as early as tomorrow.

Could my continual, feverish praying FINALLY be rewarded? I have lit every votive candle at Mass since the beginning of the season - could we possibly have seen the last of a not so special teams coach?

Besides, if Hue is not on board with this many changes - will he resign in frustration? That would be oh so sweet.

Stay tuned.......
    Last edited by The Brookster; 01-01-2018 at 04:47 PM.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!
    From Stabber's Browns' Bible
    In John we trust (12:7)

24/7 HS FB Commissioner The Brookster's Avatar
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Ohio State Buckeyes
    Great article by Doug Lesmerises. Hue's air of arrogance has worn out his welcome with the media that is for sure. You should never be "buddy buddy" with the media - but once you lose their support, you have just made a tough job damn near impossible.

Are you listening, Jimmy?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...it_it_but.html

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!
    From Stabber's Browns' Bible
    In John we trust (12:7)

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Montreal Canadiens
    To me when the Browns OL and DL coaches can match-up with the Steelers and Ravens, that's when the Browns will become relative. We're getting some better talent but, we're still lagging and always will be until we can get those BIG, TOUGH, linemen that those two teams always seem to draft or find in the boon docks. And, they back them up with BIG, FAST, TACKLING, Linebackers.

Cleveland Browns Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    Hey Brooksie, Hue made it very clear this morning that Dorsey has no say in the coaching staff and that he is the one who makes those decisions. So Dorsey can hunker down all he wants it will not make any difference to Hue Jackson as he is in charge with the full support of the owner. Jackson laughed when the suggestion was made during the interview that Dorsey was going to bring in an OC.

My belief now is that Dorsey is a lame duck who is only here for the salary. He has no real say in things like a real GM would have. Bottom line still is in Jackson's hands. Dorsey can bring in all the talent he can find but it will be Hue Jackson who decides their fate.

The Haslams are tone deaf to any discussion on the merits (or lack of) with regards to Hue Jackson. Jackson has them completely mesmerized. Jackson has pulled a Rasputin on the Haslams.

I'll go on record as saying I can only see what I see as a fan from afar so I do not know what goes on behind the scenes. It could be that Jackson will improve as a HC but it is so hard to see and hsi words convey an arrogance and holier than thou tone. It is hard to see how someone so entrenched with their ideas and attitudes could change and improve.

- - - Updated - - -

The Haslams are tone deaf to any discussion on the merits (or lack of) with regards to Hue Jackson. Jackson has them completely mesmerized. Jackson has pulled a Rasputin on the Haslams.

I'll go on record as saying I can only see what I see as a fan from afar so I do not know what goes on behind the scenes. It could be that Jackson will improve as a HC but it is so hard to see and hsi words convey an arrogance and holier than thou tone. It is hard to see how someone so entrenched with their ideas and attitudes could change and improve.

imho..................if Jackson was on the market right now............he would be one of the top candidates for one of open HC jobs. Especially one with a young QB. He didn't make this team the worst in the league he inherit it but, it was Sashi and Haslems plan so, I guess the fans have to have a "whipping guy" and as always it the Head Coach. And, I bet the insiders who know about his situation in Cleveland would back me up. He definitely will need to coach a winner or at least have 8-8 record if we find that QB in 2018. I think Kizer will be more mature and experienced, enabling him to maybe stay on as a project on down the line. If he was more adept in the pocket I could see him becoming a starter in a year or two. But, not in Cleveland.........where time and drama never stand still.

Really? Which QB has Hue Jackson coached to greatness?

Three guys I would like to see Hue interview for OC:

1. QB coach John DeFilippo, Eagles. (former Brown coach)

2. If we make him an AHC, would we be able to hire O/C Eagles Frank Reich I wonder.

3. OL coach Mike Munchak, Steelers. I don't know what kind of strategist he would be but, we'd have a running game and players who know fundamentals of blocking with intelligence.

Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Pirates
    Munchak is a HC candidate right now.

DeFillipo would be my choice, but I dont think it will happen

I also think Hue will wait until all the coaching moves are made, then claim he can't find the right guy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't think Jackson will give up "HIS" system. So if, IF, he is forced to hire an OC it will be someone who is his puppet and will run his system. Listen to him talk during his press conferences. One one could have stayed here for 2 years but him. No one can fix this but him. In sports as in life inflexibility is a recipe for failure. Unless he can humble himself and swallow his own arrogance he will continue to make the same mistakes and fail.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DawgUpNorth For This Useful Post:

Cheffie (01-02-2018), t~dawg (01-04-2018)