Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    How about a Mike Vrabl D-coord. For the Texans at head coach, and Scott Pioli brought in as the football guy in the FO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post
    What I mean is, if the front office is retained & you're simply bringing someone else in to handle the head coaching duties, that's not a tear-down. Unfortunately for us, each time we've replaced a head coach it's been pretty much a cleaning out of everything. I'm just saying it doesn't have to be like that.

Further, if your present HC is 1-27, what are you tearing down anyway? Losing?

http://www.fans247.com/forums/showth...4-My-two-cents

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ParmaDawg For This Useful Post:

zipazoid (12-07-2017)

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Montreal Canadiens
    Quote Originally Posted by tCC_Redrum View Post
    Doubt Hue gets fired. I think the writing was on the wall with the McCarron trade attempt. Hue doesn't speak like he's on the hot seat either. I don't think anyone goes after this season unless they find a way to bring in Manning to run the show. 0-16 may change that, but for now I think we're staying pat.

Jimmy Haslam: Hue Jackson will be the Browns’ head coach in 2018
    Posted by Michael David Smith on December 7, 2017, 10:56 AM EST
    Getty Images

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said after firing G.M. Sashi Brown this morning that he will not also fire head coach Hue Jackson.

In a statement released by the team, Haslam said he is committed to Jackson for another season.

“We have great appreciation and gratitude for Sashi’s commitment and leadership to our organization but believe transitioning to someone with strong experience and success in drafting and building consistently winning football teams is critical to the future of the Cleveland Browns,” Haslam said. “Today we informed Sashi that we were going in a new direction. The 2018 draft and offseason is pivotal for our franchise, we need to ensure that we maximize our opportunity for success; with our picks, free agency and building our roster. Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department. We have begun the process of having productive conversations regarding leadership of our football operations and will provide further updates when appropriate. We thank Sashi for all his hard work and dedication to the Cleveland Browns.”

Of course, if Haslam changes his mind about that — or if the next G.M. of the Browns changes his mind — it wouldn’t be the first time that a coach who got a vote of confidence from the owner ended up losing his job. But for now, Haslam says Jackson is his guy for another season.

I think the screw-up in the McCarron deal with Cinci and the quote of Belichick's re dealing with our FO cooked
    Sashi's ass with Haslem. Embarrassments are never appreciated by owners, especially when they have to go to off-season meetings and face other successful owners.
    Last edited by stabber27; 12-07-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Pirates
    A new GM will want his own guy. I dont care what Jimmy says. Hue isnt safe

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheffie For This Useful Post:

The Brookster (12-07-2017)

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Montreal Canadiens
    Jimmy has his chips to play with (Some great draft picks) in the 2018 draft to use for leveraging and luring a good GM. It might make the job too enticing to turn down by some GM and cave-in to Jimmy's wishes to keep Hue. There's going to be some serious talks between all parties concerned on who will be HC and Hue will have to make the concession on the hiring of an Offensive Coordinator whether it's his choice or the GM's for instance. Lots of issues to be ironed out and I agree yes, Hue shouldn't feel too comfortable unless he's ready to concede to others wishes for the best of team. jmho

Licensed Dawgs
    Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Cleveland Cavaliers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Redrum1018
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffie View Post
    Hey stranger!! Good to see you!

Hey. Good to see you as well. I typically lurk a few times a week to see what everyone is chatting about.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tCC_Redrum For This Useful Post:

Cheffie (12-07-2017)

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes NULL
    well me and Jimmy are on a different page once again.
    When they had the team meeting and Hue was there but Sashi and Paul weren't invited the writing was on the wall I guess.....but I still question a lot of Hue's decisions as far as play calling, personnel, clock management etc. this season.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Diehard For This Useful Post:

Cheffie (12-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    well me and Jimmy are on a different page once again.
    When they had the team meeting and Hue was there but Sashi and Paul weren't invited the writing was on the wall I guess.....but I still question a lot of Hue's decisions as far as play calling, personnel, clock management etc. this season.
    I agree..and the Front Office has improved the talent level of this team by leaps and bounds.

There better be an offensive coordinator next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheffie View Post
    I agree..and the Front Office has improved the talent level of this team by leaps and bounds.

There better be an offensive coordinator next year.

Not sure where I read it.
    Hue said he will look at hiring an offensive coordinator, and that he didnít want to bring one previously to a bad offense. And have him be the fall guy.

Quote Originally Posted by COMIGAR View Post
    Not sure where I read it.
    Hue said he will look at hiring an offensive coordinator, and that he didnít want to bring one previously to a bad offense. And have him be the fall guy.

Yeah, i read it too...my bet is he promotes Al Saunders