Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    24/7 HS FB Commissioner The Brookster's Avatar
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Ohio State Buckeyes

Cotton Bowl for the Buckeyes

The Buckeyes will head to Jerrah World again - this time to take on Traveller and the University of Spoiled Children.

My prediction: We hammer Darnold so bad, he rethinks his declaring decision

AND PLEASE -

This is a traditional old school Rose Bowl matchup - so let your uniforms reflect that. No "new age" alternates.......

Scarlet Jerseys - Gray Pants
    Last edited by The Brookster; 12-03-2017 at 08:35 PM.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!
    From Stabber's Browns' Bible
    In John we trust (12:7)

I have to admit, I'm disappointed that Alabama got the 4th spot in the playoffs, just another reason the playoffs need to be 8 teams instead of 4, that would solve most problems. You'd have 4 games, then 2 games, then the Nat'l Title game. Eight teams might even give a chance to teams like TCU, Baylor, Utah, and some of those teams that have been decent but even when they've gone undefeated, still cannot and will not be put in the playoffs...ever.

My first thought was Ohio State should boycott this game and not even show up. However, I change my mind on that, what they should do is beat USC 60-0. Also, believe me, I will be rooting loudly and heavily for Bama' to get their asses kicked by anybody and to certainly NOT make the damn Nat'l Title game.

Alabama is nothing more than a bunch of dentally challenged front running bandwagon rednecks.

Want to earn the respect of other programs? It's real simple.

Schedule a game against a QUALITY opponent on the road, north of the Mason-Dixon line after mid October. Instead of Mercer late in the year at home. That's right, man up and play in the elements. If you did that - win or loss doesn't matter - respect earned.

Until that happens, you're just a bunch of scared pussies tooting your own horns.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!

Quote Originally Posted by rab View Post
    I have to admit, I'm disappointed that Alabama got the 4th spot in the playoffs, just another reason the playoffs need to be 8 teams instead of 4, that would solve most problems. You'd have 4 games, then 2 games, then the Nat'l Title game. Eight teams might even give a chance to teams like TCU, Baylor, Utah, and some of those teams that have been decent but even when they've gone undefeated, still cannot and will not be put in the playoffs...ever.

My first thought was Ohio State should boycott this game and not even show up. However, I change my mind on that, what they should do is beat USC 60-0. Also, believe me, I will be rooting loudly and heavily for Bama' to get their asses kicked by anybody and to certainly NOT make the damn Nat'l Title game.
    I think the playoff should be 6 teams, I believe 8 is too many.

With 6 you give first and second a bye in the first round.

The power 5 conference champs get automatic bids, leaving 1 at large bid.
    With exception of if a power 5 champ has 3 losses than the committee can decide to take 2 at large teams.

With 8 teams you get to many conference championship rematches in the playoffs.

In my scenario this year Clemson and Oklahoma get byes.

Round 1 Matches:
    Georgia verse USC
    Ohio State verse Alabama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to COMIGAR For This Useful Post:

zipazoid (12-05-2017)

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brookster View Post
    Alabama is nothing more than a bunch of dentally challenged front running bandwagon rednecks.

Want to earn the respect of other programs? It's real simple.

Schedule a game against a QUALITY opponent on the road, north of the Mason-Dixon line after mid October. Instead of Mercer late in the year at home. That's right, man up and play in the elements. If you did that - win or loss doesn't matter - respect earned.

Until that happens, you're just a bunch of scared pussies tooting your own horns.
    I'll do you a big solid & not share this post with my wife.

There's no conference in the country tougher than the SEC West. You go thru LSU, Miss St, Miss, Arky & Auburn. So, mixing in a Mercer (how about that Army game, OSU?) even late in the year is nothing more than what any major college program does.

That aside, I watched Bama play a lot of games this year. First off, they're the best coached team in the country. Second, you can see the physical superiority - their RBs look like LBs, their LBs look like OLs & their OLs look like walls. Jalen Hurts is a LB playing QB who can pass.

I get the OSU pride, I truly do. So make the case for their inclusion, not Bama's exclusion. Cuz that's a losing argument. They can (and may) beat Clemson. OSU would get destroyed by Clemson.

Cotton Bowl for the Buckeyes

Quote Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post

There's no conference in the country tougher than the SEC West. You go thru LSU, Miss St, Miss, Arky & Auburn. So, mixing in a Mercer (how about that Army game, OSU?) even late in the year is nothing more than what any major college program does.

That aside, I watched Bama play a lot of games this year. First off, they're the best coached team in the country. Second, you can see the physical superiority - their RBs look like LBs, their LBs look like OLs & their OLs look like walls. Jalen Hurts is a LB playing QB who can pass.

I get the OSU pride, I truly do. So make the case for their inclusion, not Bama's exclusion. Cuz that's a losing argument. They can (and may) beat Clemson. OSU would get destroyed by Clemson.
    For years the SEC was by far the toughest conference in college football.

For the last couple of years that has not been the case.

After the top 3 teams the drop off is tremendous.
    LSU this season is very average. And they are the 4th best team.

Alabama has not been the juggernaut of the past season they beat up on bad teams, had to fight hard to get past average teams. And lost to the one good team they played.

I still think Bama is one of the top teams in the country, I just donít think the resume this season made them worthy of getting the 4th spot over a conference champion with 3 wins over top 16 teams, 2 of them being ranked top 10.

As far as how the two teams would fair in the playoffs, just because Ohio State laid an egg last season does not mean Clemson would blow them out.

They have a front seven that will cause problems for anyone. They also have the skill position talent on offense to make big plays.

If Barrett doesnít turn the ball over they could beat Clemson.

Personally I would pick Clemson to win over Ohio State. But I would pick Ohio State to beat Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which makes your previous post about expanding the playoff to 6 teams even more valid. It ended with Bama 4th & OSU 5th. If they played it would be a pretty competitive game.

But I am telling you right now, and I am posting this so we all can look back on this, no way Clemson blows out Bama. It's going to be a 7-point game one way or the other.

And look, I get the argument, and it has some validity, that the SEC isn't as big n bad as it once was. But still - a schedule that includes those SEC West teams PLUS Florida State at the beginning of the year when they still had their QB & was ranked #2 in the nation, is impressive. Sure, we can look back & say that they had a bad year, but at the time, #2 in the nation. And I know OSU can counter with who they beat as well. So let's just call that a wash - let's just say Bama & OSU had similar strength of schedules...

Then let's look at who they each lost to. Bama to their #6-ranked archrivals in the archrivals house. OSU to...Iowa. And not only lose, but get dominated.

So again - they're #4 & #5...and to me, the difference is, who they lost to & how.

One of these years, I am going to learn to NOT POST after I am pissed off at the Browns game and still steaming about the CFP playoffs. I hate having to apologize for dumb shit that I do in the heat of the moment. So to any I offended - I apologize.

Now, to the matter at hand.

After taking a day to soak it all in - I like where the Buckeyes landed. The committee was consistent from 2016 to 2017. In each year, they burned a team with a bad loss. This year, it was Iowa of course for the Buckeyes. In 2016, they burned Penn State for losing 49-10 at Michigan. Point A.

Clemson was locked into the #1 seed. So, the only way that the Buckeyes were getting into the playoff was to be slotted against Clemson. And their front seven is scary good. And agree or disagree, but it had to come in to play that the committee gave the Buckeyes a break last year, only to be repaid by a 31-0 blowout loss. That was not happening on their watch two years in a row.

Lastly, if they couldn't make the playoffs they got one hell of a consolation prize. Sure they have played USC many times in the Rose Bowl - but that really is the equivalent of playing the Buckeyes in Columbus. This time they get them on a true neutral field - a field where they have had success before. And they after facing one of the best QBs in college football this season. I am pumped.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!

Which makes your previous post about expanding the playoff to 6 teams even more valid. It ended with Bama 4th & OSU 5th. If they played it would be a pretty competitive game.

But I am telling you right now, and I am posting this so we all can look back on this, no way Clemson blows out Bama. It's going to be a 7-point game one way or the other.

And look, I get the argument, and it has some validity, that the SEC isn't as big n bad as it once was. But still - a schedule that includes those SEC West teams PLUS Florida State at the beginning of the year when they still had their QB & was ranked #2 in the nation, is impressive. Sure, we can look back & say that they had a bad year, but at the time, #2 in the nation. And I know OSU can counter with who they beat as well. So let's just call that a wash - let's just say Bama & OSU had similar strength of schedules...

Then let's look at who they each lost to. Bama to their #6-ranked archrivals in the archrivals house. OSU to...Iowa. And not only lose, but get dominated.

So again - they're #4 & #5...and to me, the difference is, who they lost to & how.
    I really hate the argument about FSU and their QB. With him yes they are a better team, but not a much better team. I hate early season rankings because they are meaningless, no rankings should come out until the midpoint of the season.

I get the whole loss to Iowa, but that is the only metric Bama wins, is that one loss.

Ohio State has a better SOS , 2 wins against top 10 opp. To Bamaís zero, and a conference championship.

If you go deeper The big ten plays 9 conference games to the secís 8.

My whole thing in this debate as you agree is that the teams are very close, and if they are that close you have to make the conference championship the deciding factor.
    Because that is one of the criteria the ADís laid out to the committee.
    They said for a non conference champion to unseat a conference champion they have to be unequivocally a better team.
    And no one believes that Alabama is unequivocally a better team this season.

And no one believes that Alabama is unequivocally a better team this season.
    Kirk Herbstreit does. He said Bama was the better team. And he would know. Where did he go to college?

We can go around & around on this. As I said, there's good arguments on both sides. As it landed - Bama 4, OSU 5. And I'm sure it was real close. Unfortunately, only the top 4 matter. So, certainl,y if it was OSU 4, Bama 5 then all is good. It wasn't so there's angst. Point being, expand the playoffs so we don't have this hair-splitting.

But back to FSU & that #2 ranking - they didn't just pull that out of a hat. There was enough evidence, based on the previous year's team plus the recruitment efforts plus who was returning to put them there. Disagree all you want, but they still beat the #2 ranked team.