Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Montreal Canadiens

I hope the Browns Front Office won't be tempted

Looks like the Kirk Cousins and Eli Manning possible free agents could be a reality thing coming next draft time the way the signals are going around. Both teams need franchise quarterbacks and the Browns do have a history of doing trade-downs for picks. I hope there is a change of direction in their strategy this coming draft because of the available young talented QBs in the 2018 draft. jmho

There are also other teams who could be seriously interested in moving up i.e. Denver Broncos, Buffalo Bills, N.Y. Jets and maybe even the Baltimore Ravens if the cost isn't prohibitive.

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    I'd throw mad money at Cousins. If we got him, we wouldn't have to draft a QB at #1. We could take one later to groom.

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Montreal Canadiens
    Quote Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post
    I'd throw mad money at Cousins. If we got him, we wouldn't have to draft a QB at #1. We could take one later to groom.

And, wouldn't that be going against Sashi's statement that we were going for 'sustainability' first and be building through the draft first? Just saying, he's on record of making that statement with plenty here and elsewhere agreeing. I agree you sometimes just have to change course and not be rigid at times when there is an opportunity to do a great deal. Should be a very interesting off-season, definitely one of the most critical ones for the Browns to finally turn things around as Jimmy Haslem is expecting to happen along with a whole fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by stabber27 View Post
    And, wouldn't that be going against Sashi's statement that we were going for 'sustainability' first and be building through the draft first? Just saying, he's on record of making that statement with plenty here and elsewhere agreeing. I agree you sometimes just have to change course and not be rigid at times when there is an opportunity to do a great deal. Should be a very interesting off-season, definitely one of the most critical ones for the Browns to finally turn things around as Jimmy Haslem is expecting to happen along with a whole fan base.
    Probably. I'm saying what I would do...not what I think they would do.

And they're not against signing free agents - two-fifths of our OL are FAs. And further, they DID draft a QB - Kizer.

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers
    I don’t want another rookie QB. That’s not the answer. We need playmakers on offense. We’re already going through the rookie stuff. We don’t need to go through it again next year. If a team wants to trade up to grap a QB. I have no issue if the FO wants to do that.

I’d be fine if the FO wants to go after Cousins. I wouldn’t want any other FA QB. I’ve read that people are talking about Tyrod Taylor. Please no stop gaps. Go big or go home.

I’m fine rolling with Kizer. At some point you have to stick with something. We all know that this franchise, fans, and media, will never allow a rookie QB to sit. Especially when we have no established QB to hold the seat down.

So get our guy some offensive weapons and lets see what happens.
    Swung on and belted!!!!! Awaaaaay back...... Gone!!!!

So if the Browns are the #1 overall pick, do they take Baker Mayfield?

Quote Originally Posted by TUNDRABROWNS View Post
    A lot here would say yes. I don't know yet. A long way to April. But I do think we have to go QB at #1 whoever that may be...unless we somehow get Cousins in free agency. Hell, maybe even then we go QB at #1. The only non-QB i hear worth considering at #1 is Barkley.

Way I look at the QB is, right now our BEST QB is Kizer. He should be our WORST QB. That's how much the position needs upgraded. Multiple players.

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes NULL
    Quote Originally Posted by stabber27 View Post
    Actually it was said before they like FAs just finishing their first contract. By then they have experience but are still young enough to get quite a few more years out of them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Diehard For This Useful Post:

stabber27 (12-03-2017)

Cleveland Browns Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by TUNDRABROWNS View Post
    Right now I'd still pick Rosen or Darnold if he declares. But is a long way to the draft and things could change. And yes I too think it is a QB at #1 or Barkley but I don't see us going with Barkley because we could get the QB and get Guise with our 2nd first round pick. And I like that options very much a QB with #1 and the RB with # 10 or 12 or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    Actually it was said before they like FAs just finishing their first contract. By then they have experience but are still young enough to get quite a few more years out of them.
    NO team purely builds thru the draft. It's the 'foundation' of the good teams, but every team has free agents, including the Browns.

What Sashi has done, thru hoarding picks, is enable that foundation to be built. But you can't fill all holes via the draft.