Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffie View Post
    Did you see any of the Colts/Steelers game?
    Our old friend Bark Lingo was a beast. Hes starting now, because of an injury, but thats the type of guys we need on the bench.
    Oh wait, we shouldn't bring in free agents...

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
    Or let guys walk, or cut guys just to cut them.

But hey, we didn't go to Harvard.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chillzilla For This Useful Post:

Cheffie (11-13-2017), zipazoid (11-13-2017)

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    Do you think some guys, when they're Browns, simply do not put out 100% effort? Cuz that would fit Mingo. He was invisible when he was with us. Then they go elsewhere & bam - impact player.

Well, that might say something about the often "alleged" toxic environments between FO and coaching staff, the culture of losing possibly with other guys being complacent and that being what younger players would see, plus, the actual losing. Then they go to another team/organization and discover what a winning culture looks and feels like and bam.

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    Quote Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post
    Do you think some guys, when they're Browns, simply do not put out 100% effort? Cuz that would fit Mingo. He was invisible when he was with us. Then they go elsewhere & bam - impact player.
    Well, I think a lot of guys that left us to have success, Mingo, Sheard, TJ Ward come to mind, have it because they aren't moved around 5 different positions. Sheard started as a linebacker with us, moved back to DE which is his natural spot, then went back to linebacker and back to end. It's insane. The same thing happened to Mingo, and we never had him gain weight or be in a role that made sense.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillzilla For This Useful Post:

zipazoid (11-13-2017)

Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Pirates
    And them learning at the pro level isnt idea. Not everyone can be shoved in and made a starter day 1.
    Lingo never stood a chance. Ward had success with the Browns, and Sheard to a lesser extent did too

Quote Originally Posted by Chillzilla View Post
    Well, I think a lot of guys that left us to have success, Mingo, Sheard, TJ Ward come to mind, have it because they aren't moved around 5 different positions. Sheard started as a linebacker with us, moved back to DE which is his natural spot, then went back to linebacker and back to end. It's insane. The same thing happened to Mingo, and we never had him gain weight or be in a role that made sense.
    Yet another argument for continuity. When the good teams get a player, they say, "This and only this is your role." With the Browns it changes yearly. Hell, weekly.

Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Pirates
    Continuity yes, but not at any cost.
    And Hue continues to be the master of clock mismanagement.

I can deal with Kizer screwing up the goal lune call, but I cant excuse Hue for wasting a time out.

Well sure - it's blowing things up every year or two with a new group coming in that wants to change everything. Plus, the new group generally has a disdain for players from the previous regime. Mingo was drafted, what, three regimes ago?

So to that end, I think Haslam has to do surgery, not kill, the front office & coaching staff at year's end. Identify what it wrong & extract it while still keeping the patient alive.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zipazoid For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (11-13-2017), ParmaDawg (11-14-2017)

24/7 HS FB Commissioner The Brookster's Avatar
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Ohio State Buckeyes
    Now that I have taken 24 hours to cool down, good and bad from yesterday.

The Good:

Kizer took advantage of the Lions on a short week and got us up 10-0. He had better accuracy in the first half than in past games, hence the lead. I really got the feeling that anytime we have him in the game, we have a chance. He is learning and will still make mistakes - but he is a quick study. Evidence of that was after his horrible decision to audible into the sneak - he opened the third quarter by leading the Browns to consecutive TD drives. Had them in the lead at 24-17. And they weren't cheapies either - 80 and 85 yarders.

He was throwing intelligent passes. His running was structured within the offense and not helter skelter like Billy.

And this point cannot be understated - when Kessler was in the game, we might as well have told the Lions that we will take three kneel downs and give you the ball again. When DeShone returned after his rib injury, the offense came back to life. He was driving them deep into Lions territory - until Ricardo gave up on a pass. So what did DeShone do? He chewed his ass out royally. Even if you are jammed on a play, you never give up on it.

Team leadership 101.

Many have said and I agree - there was tangible progress there, and a lot to build on for next week.

We did not lose this game because of the offense. Everyone did their part.

The Bad:

I know everyone is going to say I sound like a spoiled crybaby. Well, you can all pucker up and.......

I have seen this year after year, game after game - so it is beyond just incompetence. The league and the officiating crews have it out for the Browns. It is premeditated, harsh and punitive. The striped buffoons NEVER miss a chance to bore it to the Browns.

How else do you explain the Browns rolling along to a 10-3 lead with out penalties being called - and when they begin to move the ball on their next drive - the flags come out. They called penalties on FOUR consecutive "chunk" plays that would have set the Browns up handsomely. So the Browns had to punt from deep in their territory.

Which gave the Lions great field position. Then on the Lions drive, I saw an obvious false start - no call - an obvious hold on a big chunk pass play - and no call there either. But the cherry on top was on the TD tying play. Their LG reaches out quickly at the snap into RT Trevon Coley's facemask, yanks him to the turf, allowing him to slide by block our LB and Ameer gets into the end zone.

On a key second half possession (a third down) Ricardo Lewis is MUGGED on the sideline. PI? Are you serious? Of course it wasn't called. Then because of our stellar special teams play (who's that coach again?????) the Lions have a monster punt return and 3 plays later Detroit hits a bubble screen for the TD.

On the next Browns series, just to be dicks, Louis is mugged again - and this time it is called............. when it no longer matters. Damage was already done.

Now in the interest of fairness and full disclosure - I did not think that the tackle on DeShone that injured him should have drawn a flag. But I have seen that called sooooooo many times in the favor of the star QBs - and the refs are quick to genuflect at the altar of St. Tom; claiming to keep the game safe. Horse manure.

I probably have a better chance at getting six ping pong balls with the right numbers on them to come up rather than see the Browns get a fair shake.

On to Jacksonville.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!
    Sashi 2017: "We laid the foundation - let the rebuild commence!"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Brookster For This Useful Post:

zipazoid (11-13-2017)

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes NULL
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffie View Post
    Did you see any of the Colts/Steelers game?
    Our old friend Bark Lingo was a beast. Hes starting now, because of an injury, but thats the type of guys we need on the bench.
    Oh wait, we shouldn't bring in free agents...

our OL is was rebuilt with FAs......out DBs started the season with FAs playing...we resigned our own top FAs.