Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes NULL
    pretty sure Coleman can't come off the DL until this week.

Hue took responsibility for everything but everyone said after the game that Kizer used an audible on the sneak.....not sure what he audibled out of.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Diehard For This Useful Post:

stabber27 (11-13-2017)

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Montreal Canadiens
    I would have used a play-action move to left side as Lions seemed to be expecting an off-tackle or off-guard run. The linebackers and DBs seemed to be tight to the DL also. This is where we have to find that big go-to-guy in the red zone action. Whether it's a TE or WR the Browns need to get him. When I looked at Britt's measurements I thought he was going to be the guy.

Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Pirates
    The good news is, the 49ers beat the Giants, so losing to Detroit keeps the Browns on track for the #1 pick.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheffie For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (11-13-2017)

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    And we can get a win and keep the first pick since we have the easier strength of schedule.

I finally got to see a game because of the Detroit feed by my cable service.

Kizer is processing options quicker and learning to make better decisions except that last interception. He definitely shouldn't be starting but, he's the only QB threat we have and that's on the Front Office maneuvers and non-maneuvers. Glad to see him dumping the ball and going down when he has to. He really needs a tutor, a vet who's in the twilight of his career. He's about a season away to be a starter imho... if he survives. I couldn't look when he got that hit and I don't know what the hell that TE Njoktu was thinking! I can't believe it wasn't his assignment. I wonder after, didn't Browns see the over stacking on Kizer's blind side? That is a time I would've called a time-out. I like to see the DC upstairs during games, I think he can see the game better and make better calls. I don't know the stats on that through the league but that's my feelings only. I know Packers Dom Capers has always been in the upstairs booth. I know when I was coaching minor hockey, I let my assistant take over for a few games and I watched from high ground and was amazed how much I overlooked or missed. I hope they draft a blocking TE in 2018. I got to see the game because of the Detroit feed by my cable service.

That was a beautiful sideline toss to Ricardo Louis and a equally great catch. Course he dropped a sure TD long pass from Kizer that was on target and should have been another TD for the Browns. If they can keep making those catches we might win some games. We need a dynamic punt returner. I'd like to see us draft the kid from Memphis WR, Anthony Miller. He's similar to Coleman but has more moves. BTW, was Coleman dressed for game? I didn't hear his name too much. Higgins is starting to look more comfortable but, we need some more WRs who make yards after

Okay back on topic I thought that was the best game the Browns played and they could have easily won it. That QB sneak at the end of the first half was absolutely stupid. If Hue had sent that play in and then I think we can see a OC next year for sure. I said quite awhile I thought the job was too big for him because of all the young kids and especially getting Kizer up to speed with the game. I don't get to watch many games but, what I saw today was a good future to have a winner not too far down the road. We're going to have to address LT position as I won't be surprised if Joe packs it in. I'm sure his family wouldn't mind if Joe decides to go that way. Drango is somewhat awkward on his feet, he's smart but his feet just don't take him to the attacker as fast as he should and when he does make contact, I noticed in one play he was off-balance and fell on his own. I hope it's just part of the learning curve thing and in time he will become at least an excellent depth guy for us.

Last edited by stabber27; Today at 09:17 PM.

Yeah, and if we're all watching those 'trade' partner deals we made for future picks............the Texans got beat also. I believe we have a pick from them.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by stabber27 View Post
    Yeah, and if we're all watching those 'trade' partner deals we made for future picks............the Texans got beat also. I believe we have a pick from them.
    We have their first and second.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillzilla For This Useful Post:

Cheffie (11-13-2017)

nfl.com
    Lions' Glover Quin: 0-9 Browns have top-10 talent
    By Marc Sessler
    2 minutes

The Browns are the NFL's last winless team, an inglorious honor nabbed by Cleveland for the second straight season.

Following Sunday's 38-24 loss to Detroit, though, at least one Lions player believes the Browns are headed in the right direction.

Asked to assess the enemy, veteran safety Glover Quin told reporters that Cleveland's roster "probably" has better athletes than 25 of the 32 teams league-wide.

"They've got a lot of first-round draft picks. They've got talent," Quin said, per MLive.com. "They just haven't won a bunch of games. Don't sleep on them."

Coach Jim Caldwell backed up Quin's scouting report, saying: "It's very difficult to play a team that everybody thinks ... doesn't have players. That team has players."

The Browns have yet to show it on the field, piling up an ugly 1-24 mark under coach Hue Jackson. On Sunday, though, Cleveland outgained the Lions and held a 24-17 lead in the third quarter before the floor fell out.

Rookie DeShone Kizer also authored his best game of the season, but hope and wins are two different beasts in the NFL. The slow progress has been mired by an embarrassing botched trade for Bengals backup passer AJ McCarron and a draft-day history of passing on wunderkinds Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson in favor of piling up draft picks.

It's fair to wonder who will be making the call in the next year's draft -- and who will be coaching -- but Sunday progress, albeit invisible to many, left a mark on the Lions.

It's a start, but will this under-fire regime be given a chance to finish?

Gamer IDs

It's clear that there aren't enough vets on this team. When Jamie Collins got hurt, the defense fell apart. It shows how little confidence we have.

I honestly think if this team had 4 or 5 more veterans at key spots, we may have 3 or 4 wins by now.

Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Pirates
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillzilla View Post
    It's clear that there aren't enough vets on this team. When Jamie Collins got hurt, the defense fell apart. It shows how little confidence we have.

I honestly think if this team had 4 or 5 more veterans at key spots, we may have 3 or 4 wins by now.
    Did you see any of the Colts/Steelers game?
    Our old friend Bark Lingo was a beast. Hes starting now, because of an injury, but thats the type of guys we need on the bench.
    Oh wait, we shouldn't bring in free agents...

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk