Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Montreal Canadiens

Smile Browns FO Wonder Boys Blow it!

thebiglead.com
    Cleveland Browns Botched A.J. McCarron Trade Through Sheer Incompetence
    By: Ryan Phillips | 53 minutes ago
    2 minutes

The Cleveland Browns are an absolute disaster. On Tuesday just before the NFLís trade deadline, the Browns reportedly agreed to a deal to acquire Cincinnati Bengals quarterback A.J. McCarron. Then, through sheer incompetence, they botched it.

The deal was reportedly consummated at 3:55 p.m. ET, just five minutes before the deadline. Great, right? Well, it is if youíre a competent organization. While the Bengals called the deal in to the NFL to approve it, the Browns somehow did not. They forgot to call the deal in to the league before the deadline, which nullified it.

So, yeah. Instead of finalizing the trade by calling it in to the NFL the Browns were celebrating. It doesnít get much worse than that as far as absolute incompetence goes.

This is unbelievable, in fact. Everyone who was involved with this deal should be fired immediately. Itís absolutely inexcusable.

Now does everyone here understand why I started the thread re hiring an EXPERIENCED, KNOWLEDGEABLE football GM to take over the football operations of this team. Now, I'm sure I'm going to get all the excuses about why cry over losing a QB like McCarron............can't wait to see who's first to post. It's not the point..........the point is this FO is beginning to look like a joke and IF the story is valid, I'm sure Haslem has to be embarrassed when he goes to the winter meetings. jmho

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    No need to be patronizing. I think everybody understands why you wanted that.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chillzilla For This Useful Post:

DawgUpNorth (11-01-2017), zipazoid (10-31-2017)

Thanks for the acknowledgement. I'm trying to not come across as "know it all person" and I admit I know very little about the technical end of the US Pro game (Xs and O's) but, I do know how champion teams are built and I've been fortunate to play on a couple of them myself.

And,now look at my area team Buffalo Bills in building their team to be competitive just making a deal for Kelvin Benjamin from Carolina. Kudos to ownership of Mr & Mrs Pegula; President, Russ Brandon and most of all HC Sean McDermott. I have a lot of relatives in Buffalo and of course I'm getting a lot of ribbing but in family way. They feel more sorry for what the Browns are not doing to bring enough impact and talented players so far for the fans. I think we're going to start hearing the word "dysfunctional" Course they'll probably try to whitewash it all by saying the fax machine broke down or it was a lowly secretary's fault. "Factory of Sadness" lives on. Again this post is not about A.J. McCarron and what I think of him but what I'm wondering why the Patriots didn't do the deal with the Browns when they surely would have probably got a much better return for Garoppolo than they would have just got from the 49ers. But, again what do I know with this regime and their magic potion..."analytics"

The Patriots better hope Brady stays healthy, because I think the Bills could beat the Patriots if they don't have Brady for the AFC EAST title.

It's just so frustrating............to see the great franchise I grew up idolizing as a kid and young man to be going in the wrong direction and continually making costly errors in talent judgements (i.e. Johnny Football plus those 3 wide receivers and suspicious rookie TE with hands of steel they drafted in 2016; the two FA wide receivers Bowe and Britt and on and on.) I'm still of the opinion that "Free Agency" is not going to get star highly skilled players to help our team until we get that QB.

https://247sports.com/Bolt/NFL-rejec...rade-109766500
    Last edited by stabber27; 11-01-2017 at 01:14 AM.

Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Pirates
    Rumors swirling..Darrel Reiter is reporting "Help could be on the way" for the Browns.

Peyton Manning to the front office?

Mike Singletary was interviewed last week by the Browns, but its not know what role he interviewed for.

Stand by for more Browns like info...

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes NULL
    Mike Singletary has pretty much failed at everything he's done since retiring as a player

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Diehard For This Useful Post:

FrostDawg231 (11-15-2017)

Well, Singletary has never impressed me as a guy who could and likely would come in and turn around a team. Having said that , his coaching record is 18-22, really no better or worse than quite a few of the Browns coaches. lol

Though I'd definitely pass, as LB coach, Asst. Head Coach, roles that he has had in the past, even as advisor, no thank you. I'm certain there are better football guys out there.

I'm not enthusiast of his coming on board. I see him as a great player who using the "Peter Principle Theory" has reached his level competence as an All-Pro Linebacker. I'd would have loved to have him on our team in his prime. He was a terror!