Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #28

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    You know what pisses me off? The media is crucifying Hue for benching Kizer for Hogan because they're saying it's going to stunt his growth. But what about the other 52 guys on this team? Do they just not matter? What our Njoku, DeValve, Kasen Williams, Crow, Duke, our offensive line's confidence, our entire defense that has to make up for his mistakes?
    Back, but did I ever truly leave?
    "Johnny Idiotface over there is never going to bring you a title!" -Seth Rollins, the best in the world.

Cleveland- home to the dumbest self appointed "smartest fans in the NFL!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillzilla For This Useful Post:

The Brookster (10-12-2017)

Cleveland Browns Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillzilla View Post
    You know what pisses me off? The media is crucifying Hue for benching Kizer for Hogan because they're saying it's going to stunt his growth. But what about the other 52 guys on this team? Do they just not matter? What our Njoku, DeValve, Kasen Williams, Crow, Duke, our offensive line's confidence, our entire defense that has to make up for his mistakes?
    *Planting tongue firmly in cheek*
    Son, you aren't listening and paying attention to the knowledgeable media that you have in your fair city. Listen to MKC, listen to Tony Gross, it is ALL ABOUT THE QB! No other position matters, period. Fuck those other positions it is about the QB. It is the only position that counts. Hell, the Browns should have taken Watson #1 overall or at least at #12. You heard Tony say as much yesterday. Listen up. Who needs that Myles guy when we could have had Watson or Trubisky? Hell we could have had them both and Kizer in the 2nd round. Now that would have been a GREAT draft! No need for Njoku or Peppers either. Nope, just need QB's.

Ok, sarcasm off.

The Cleveland media ask the dumbest questions and make the strangest comments when it comes to the Browns. They don't care for the most part about anything but the QB and making sure there is infighting going on between the FO and the coaches. If it's not there they will make it up and write it. They have a fixation with those two topics that can't seem to shake. It truly is not understandable at all. The team needs lots of pieces and the Browns were not in a position to invest yet in a 1st round QB. But they refuse to look at the football world in any other way. Just shodden, weak and lazy reporting and I use that term very loosely.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DawgUpNorth For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (10-12-2017), The Brookster (10-12-2017)

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    I read a lot of stuff from across the US, we have the absolute worst sports writers in America.
    Back, but did I ever truly leave?
    "Johnny Idiotface over there is never going to bring you a title!" -Seth Rollins, the best in the world.

Cleveland- home to the dumbest self appointed "smartest fans in the NFL!"

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    Cleveland sports writers seem have caught the same disease that many fans have, which is, an inability to be unbiased. Everything sucks, everything the team does is to be questioned, and constant reminders of past failures must be brought up incessantly.

We fans can be excused for thinking that way. Reporters cannot. REPORT, and keep your effin' opinions to yourself.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zipazoid For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (10-12-2017)

24/7 HS FB Commissioner The Brookster's Avatar
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Ohio State Buckeyes
    Zip - you mean "do the job you are being paid to do?"

That's kind of harsh, don't you think? LOL.

You are spot on..........again.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!
    Sashi 2017: "We laid the foundation - let the rebuild commence!"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The Brookster For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (10-12-2017)

Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Pirates
    Quote Originally Posted by rab View Post
    While I agree that it's the right move, Kizer should sit and Hogan should play, I'm leaning towards my original thoughts about us drafting Kizer to begin with.

All the sitting, decompressing, and recharging in the world still may not be enough to help him get better. After all, his own coach didn't feel he was ready for the NFL. The proof, is not just his words, but Kizer was an average QB at Notre Dame. Is it logical to think an average college QB can be a great NFL QB?

I see a more athletic version of Trent Dilfer. Yeah, you can say Dilfer got a Super Bowl, due to having a defense that was lights out dominating. While our defense is fairly close, still needing a few pieces and most certainly depth, it's a shaky plan hoping the D can carry your team, it's really only been done 2 or 3 times.

I guess my point is that I'd still take a QB high in the 2018 draft along with some WR's. I'm certain Kizer will get another chacne but I'm not gonna hold my breath on him getting better.
    His college coach is a tool...and the team that was around him was crap.
    Now does that mean Kizer is perfect? Obviously not, but it also doesnt make him a loser.
    He needs to learn and he needs to grow his mental game. He needs to raise tge accuracy.
    He also doesnt get a lot of help from his teammates.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Kizer takes too long to get rid of the ball, and has not been mobile enough in the pocket, or more appropriately not very able to sense pressure to trigger him to move. those should be issues which good coaching and good play calling can fix especially for a rookie, so I still have confidence in Kizer's ability, SUBJECT TO THE COACHES GETTING THEIR HEADS OUT OF THEIR A**ES ON OFFENSE. design quick passes to simple routes, in stride, and then MAKE SURE THE RECEIVERS CATCH THE DAMN BALL!!

I agree with some of what you're saying, Tundra. However, I think the ability to sense pressure comes down to having a large natural ability to do so. The OL doesn't always make it easier on our QB's and that's another issue needing to be fixed.

Cleveland Browns Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    I just wrote a long reply and lost it somehow. LOL The short version is that this is on the coaching staff. The offense is under performing and Hue has developed a blind spot to what is going on and what the strengths of his players are. He seems fixated on his vision rather than what the players re capable of. He does need an OC as the HC job is a huge and demanding and difficult when the team is so young and so inexperienced. Look how much better the NYG did last night with an OC instead of the HC calling plays.

Our QB's have become turnover machines yet the one who doesn't turn the ball over isn't even dressed on game days. Again this is on Hue as he seems very fixated on the long bomb when he should also see that not turning the ball over and getting those 8, 10, 15 yard plays will still move the offense down the field and keep the opposing offense off the field. So yeah Zip, start Kessler and let's see what happens. Our defense is good enough to keep the score close and if we eliminate the turn overs we stand a much better chance of winning a couple of games.