Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    I think we're looking too far ahead here. If Osweiler is average and Kizer comes in and plays, it doesn't really matter who the 2 or 3 is, hopefully. And If Osweiler is average and Kizer were to get hurt after getting the job, why wouldn't you put him back in? 2018 is completely up in the air, I mean this year. We shouldn't be tanking like we were last year, it's going to be different this time around. We have a lot more talent and should be at least trying to win games.

Like I said, I think this is a bit premature.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW just got an update. Kizer split 1st team reps with Osweiler today. Cody handling the rest of the reps with second string.
    Back, but did I ever truly leave?
    "Johnny Idiotface over there is never going to bring you a title!" -Seth Rollins, the best in the world.

Cleveland- home to the dumbest self appointed "smartest fans in the NFL!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillzilla For This Useful Post:

zipazoid (08-12-2017)

Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Pirates
    Lets say that Kiser is the starter. If he gets hurt, who comes in.
    Kessler, who you need to tone down the playbook for, or Osweiler, who has plenty of arm to make all the throws?
    Oh, and the Browns are paying him 16 million no matter what this year. Start, sit or release.
    Id bet that even if hes traded, they still pay the majority of that 16 million.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffie View Post
    Lets say that Kiser is the starter. If he gets hurt, who comes in.
    Kessler, who you need to tone down the playbook for, or Osweiler, who has plenty of arm to make all the throws?
    Kessler. It's all well & good to have a strong arm. Weeden sure did. But you have to be able to deliver the ball accurately. I didn't see that out of Osweiler.

I would rather have a "toned down" playbook of successful plays versus interceptions.

Oh, and the Browns are paying him 16 million no matter what this year. Start, sit or release.
    So we have to play him since he's being paid the most?

I understand your point, and I even thought that as I posted that "he's gone" if he doesn't start. I understand we are on the hook for his salary whether he plays or not. But if Hue would actually decide to play him over Kessler because he makes more money, and not whether he gives us the best chance to win, then Hue is incompetent.

Don't forget - when we first got Osweiler, the deal was to turn around & trade him to another team. Nobody wanted him. We then decided to give him a look. Well, he looked like shit in the first preseason game. Hopefully he turns it around, but if he is the player I saw against New Orleans, I don't want him anywhere near the field. Give me Kessler - at least he won't lose us games with a "toned down" playbook.
    Last edited by zipazoid; 08-13-2017 at 11:37 AM.

I'll just wrap this up in one sentence - The QB I want to see playing is the one who gives us the best chance to win.

After Kizer, I think it's Kessler. I hope Osw has a strong game in the 2nd preseason game to change my mind. But based on New Orleans, the order in my mind is 1. Kizer, 2. Kessler, 3. Osweiler.

Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Pirates
    I dont think its Kessler. Hes had all the first team reps, and hasnt shined.
    Osweiler had two days with the first team.
    Hes more experienced. I put my money on him

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheffie For This Useful Post:

zipazoid (08-13-2017)

My preferred depth chart is 1. Osw 2. Kessler 3. Kizer.

Like I said, I am rooting for Osw. But if he can't do it I think the best course would be to put Kessler in...let Kizer absorb, at least for now. If we get to November it could be different since it seems Kizer is a quick study.