Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    Quote Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post
    lol no kidding. Said Erving was the starter at RT & he didn't even play there.

I checked the team's website but they didn't have a depth chart available, so I just went with the first one I found - ESPN.
    ESPN is such a friggin joke now. They fire their best anchors, writers, and diversify just to try and hit every single demographic no matter who is actually better at their job. In the next 5 years, Fox Sports or CBS is going to top them. They'll be an afterthought.

It wouldn't shock me if they went to a subscription based form of television, mostly online. Sort of like Netflix or WWE Network, where they have a live stream going all the time but you can watch the E:60s and other specials they have done all the time. Also classic games that they buy the rights to show, etc.
    Last edited by Chillzilla; 08-12-2017 at 06:48 PM.
    Back, but did I ever truly leave?
    "Johnny Idiotface over there is never going to bring you a title!" -Seth Rollins, the best in the world.

Cleveland- home to the dumbest self appointed "smartest fans in the NFL!"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chillzilla For This Useful Post:

DawgDay99 (08-12-2017), zipazoid (08-12-2017)

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    lol so they're going to be like MTV after MTV stopped doing music videos.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zipazoid For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (08-12-2017)

Gamer IDs

And I try to be even-keeled on this site, but the fact that guys like Ed Werder, Trent Dilfer, John Clayton, and countless other fantastic reporters, analysts, and play-by-play talents were fired and loud, obnoxious tools like Stephen A. Smith have their own shows makes me sick. As somebody that is going into this field, I have to have an idiotic personality and unrealistic takes to make it? That's so fucked it's beyond comprehension. Written in opinions I'm reading off a screen instead of my own to argue against Stephen A. and his laundry list of words he looked up the night before on dictionary.com. I'm not kidding, it makes me sick and irritated. I haven't watched ESPN outside the NFL Draft in probably three years because I can't stand what they're doing. I'm GLAD they're failing, they deserve to.

- - - Updated - - -

lol so they're going to be like MTV after MTV stopped doing music videos.
    It's honestly not that far off already.
    "Johnny Idiotface over there is never going to bring you a title!" -Seth Rollins, the best in the world.

Okay, this is totally off-topic of the game thread but screw it - the game's over lol -

I'm certainly old enough to know how ESPN used to be, and it was mainly - get this - showing sporting events. Shocking, right?

Now you're right - it's blathering talking heads having panel discussions on just how much air Tom Brady instructed the equipment manager to remove from the goddamn football or how much Lebron's hairline has receded in the past 12 months or whatever.

And Stephen A. Smith is just a tool. Can't stand him.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zipazoid For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (08-12-2017)

Gamer IDs

Okay, this is totally off-topic of the game thread but screw it - the game's over lol -

I'm certainly old enough to know how ESPN used to be, and it was mainly - get this - showing sporting events. Shocking, right?

Now you're right - it's blathering talking heads having panel discussions on just how much air Tom Brady instructed the equipment manager to remove from the goddamn football or how much Lebron's hairline has receded in the past 12 months or whatever.

And Stephen A. Smith is just a tool. Can't stand him.
    It's like every single form of media tries to cater to the lowest common denominator so people with a low IQ from any demographic can enjoy it, but the people it used to be aimed for think it absolutely sucks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillzilla For This Useful Post:

zipazoid (08-12-2017)

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers
    Not really, as it does get us out from that bloated contract. That was the rationale for getting him in the first place - get that 2nd round pick form Houston & then find a trade partner to ship him off.

Now, since then, Hue has been saying how good Osw has looked in camp & certainly, if we have stumbled across our starter for the next few years, awesome. But I think it all comes back to Kizer - he's going to be the starter. We just don't know when yet.

Let's just say for the sake of discussion that Hue names Kizer the starter for the season. That makes Kessler the backup. Are we really going to keep a third string QB who makes $16m a year?
    Why do you think if Kizer is the starter that drops Osweiler to 3rd string? The money is not an issue. We are paying him and we still are not up against the cap. I'm not so sure the intent was to trade him as soon as we got him. At least not as bad as Houston wanted to get out from under the contract THEY gave him.
    Swung on and belted!!!!! Awaaaaay back...... Gone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Brookster View Post
    Regarding Cam Erving - As far as I am concerned, this was his last shot to prove he merited a spot on the final 53. And it was an epic fail. I think the plan going in was to see if he has a chance to be the "swing tackle" backup. Not only did that plan blow up in the coaches faces, Cam looked absolutely clueless when he was out there.

If Sashi can't work his magic and find someone to take this disaster off our hands, I say release him today and give the practice and game reps to some who actually may be worth a shit. It's clear that Shon Coleman and Joe Thomas are your starters, and between Rod Johnson, Zach Sterup, and others - a competent back up should emerge.
    For a guy that played some LT to look and play as clueless as he did. What a wasted pick. He can't even be a good back up. Sad. There is noway he makes the 53.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgDay99 View Post
    Why do you think if Kizer is the starter that drops Osweiler to 3rd string? The money is not an issue. We are paying him and we still are not up against the cap. I'm not so sure the intent was to trade him as soon as we got him. At least not as bad as Houston wanted to get out from under the contract THEY gave him.
    Because I think Kessler is the perfect backup. And at $16m/year, Osweiler isn't. He either starts with that salary or you dump him & that salary. You don't pay backups $16m.

The money was never the issue. We had a boatload to spend. Glennon got $15 mill. for God sakes.

That still doesn't make it wise. Be like Chicago? No thanks.

Look, I don't have a problem with giving Osweiler a shot to be the starter. Why not, since we're committed to that $16m for this year. But if (when) he gets replaced by Kizer, he's gone. When that happens, don't know - maybe Osw is the starter for the whole year & plays well. That would awesome. But if he can't hold onto the job & Kizer gets it, I don't see him sliding to 2. I see him going to 3 & Kessler being the backup. In other words, if Osw starts, Kessler backs up...if Kizer starts, Kessler still backs up.