Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Montreal Canadiens

Buffalo Hires Browns Lake Dawson from their scouting department

The Cleveland Browns lost a valuable member of the scouting department on Thursday when Lake Dawson left the team to take a higher position with the Buffalo Bills.

Dawson, who was an area scout with Cleveland, will be the Bills’ assistant director of collegiate scouting. He has worked higher up in front offices before, serving as vice president of football operations (Sashi Brown’s role in Cleveland) for the Tennessee Titans for several years. The 45

Dawson was perhaps more responsible than anyone else in the Browns organization in bringing DeShone Kizer to Cleveland. He is a Fighting Irish alum and former wide receiver who also played in the NFL for the Kansas City Chiefs. It is not surprising Dawson is climbing back up the personnel ladder given his experience.

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    Prediction:

Starting next off-season, you're going to see more teams adopt the 'analytics' approach we're now using. And Sashi & DePodesta will be lured away to do their thing for other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post
    Prediction:

Starting next off-season, you're going to see more teams adopt the 'analytics' approach we're now using. And Sashi & DePodesta will be lured away to do their thing for other teams.
    Hopefully they stay until they can hoist a trophy here!

Sent from a concerned Browns fan

24/7 HS FB Commissioner The Brookster's Avatar
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Ohio State Buckeyes
    Prediction:

Zip - this is a sobering thought, but if the NFL is one thing it is a copycat league. If the browns draft picks are the reason the team has marked improvement on the field,m I fear that you will be correct.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!
    Sashi 2017: "We laid the foundation - let the rebuild commence!"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Brookster For This Useful Post:

zipazoid (05-20-2017)

Hey, I hope it happens - not that Shasi & Paul leave, but that this model is so successful that other teams will try to emulate it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zipazoid For This Useful Post:

The Brookster (05-21-2017)

Cleveland Browns Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    It was bound to happen. Every other sport uses analytics as part of their evaluation process for new talent as well as for performance of their existing players. Just takes the NFL longer to adopt new ideas. I'm glad the Browns did it first to the extent they did. Gave us an advantage. And we may have it for a couple more years as other teams catch up.

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Montreal Canadiens
    Now, we have a "tool" and model of front office we feel confident about..................let's prove in our talent procurement results year-in and year-out to attain Sashi's goal....................."Sustain a team for the future". jmho

Yeah, I caught Sashi's use of the word 'sustain' as well, and I wholeheartedly agree with accomplishing that. That's why I think they treasure hoarding draft picks & youth so much.

And I think the next step towards that sustaining is to do what teams like the Steelers have done for years - trading away players while they're still good in anticipation of them declining. I think once Joe Thomas retires they will fully do just that. I can see them always trying to have one of the younger rosters in the league year in & out.

Licensed Dawgs
    Cleveland Browns St Louis Cardinals Chicago Blackhawks
    Prediction:

DePodesta maybe but Sashi I don't think so, he is essentially the GM and all they need to do to make him untouchable is give him that title then it would be a lateral move to go anywhere else.