Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    I damn sure do not want Geno Smith, not a good QB, even for depth. Too many better options in the draft, this year and next. In fact, I'd rather keep Osweiller and I really don't want that either.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rab For This Useful Post:

FrostDawg231 (03-14-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by rab View Post
    I damn sure do not want Geno Smith, not a good QB, even for depth. Too many better options in the draft, this year and next. In fact, I'd rather keep Osweiller and I really don't want that either.
    I would rather have Fitzpatrick then Geno Smith

agreed PD, at least Fitz has shown some signs of life in recent years, still not a great option but FAR better than Geno "freakin' Smith.

Plenty of NFL.com’s top 101 free agents available one week later
    Posted 3 hours ago

Andrew Gribble
    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/...0-dbe55730f3a3

Free agency presses forward into mid-March

There was no catching up with the flurry of free agency signings at this time last week.
    It’s slowed down significantly in recent days, but the activity hasn’t stopped.
    A big chunk of NFL.com’s top 101 free agents are off the board, including all of the top seven. But as of this publication, 29 remain available, including 11 of the top 50.
    Here’s a look at some of the potential players the Browns could bring to Berea during the “second wave” of free agency. We’ve added some details about some of the more intriguing ones.
    8. RB Adrian Peterson
    11. DT Johnathan Hankins
    -- It’s hard to find a better run-stuffer than Hankins, who was at the center of a significantly improved Giants defense in 2016. His free agency, though, has been relatively quiet.
    18. S T.J. McDonald
    -- A former player under Browns defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, McDonald started all 16 games and finished with 64 tackles and two interceptions last season.
    20. LB Zach Brown
    34. TE Jared Cook
    -- With Martellus Bennett landing in Green Bay, Cook is all but certain to be signing elsewhere. He had 30 receptions for 377 yards and a touchdown last season.
    35. QB Jay Cutler
    37. WR Michael Floyd
    39. LB Kevin Minter
    42. RB Jamaal Charles
    44. CB Morris Claiborne
    -- Claiborne, a former top-10 draft pick, struggled to find his footing as a reliable cornerback during the early part of his career but was much better in 2016. An injury, though, derailed his season and limited him to seven games.
    50. DE Jared Odrick
    54. CB Brandon Carr
    -- He started every game for the NFC East champion Cowboys in 2016.
    56. RB LeGarrette Blount
    -- The NFL’s leader in rushing touchdowns in 2016 is still available.
    57. DE Mario Williams
    60. DE Dwight Freeney
    63. S Bradley McDougald
    -- He started all but one game for the Buccaneers in the past two seasons. Only 26, the Columbus, Ohio, native combined for 178 tackles and four interceptions during that stretch.
    66. C Nick Mangold
    75. OT Ryan Clady
    76. QB Colin Kaepernick
    79. QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
    84. LB Erik Walden
    86. QB Geno Smith
    89. RB Christine Michael
    90. RB DeAngelo Williams
    -- One of the NFL’s best security blankets over the past two seasons is still a viable player at 33 years old.
    91. DE Devin Taylor
    94. CB Nickell Robey-Coleman
    97. DE Chris Long
    -- The longtime Rams defensive end won a Super Bowl ring with the Patriots in 2016. He also led them in snaps.
    98. S Jairus Byrd
    100. DB Darius Butler

Licensed Dawgs
    Cleveland Browns St Louis Cardinals Chicago Blackhawks
    McDonald would be a good pickup, huge need and he knows the system.

- - - Updated - - -

Chris Long if the price is right but I imagine he wants the most money he can get and playing time (and he'd just be in the rotation here most likely), he was productive in Williams system.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FrostDawg231 For This Useful Post:

GratefulDawg (03-16-2017)

11. DT Johnathan Hankins
    -- It’s hard to find a better run-stuffer than Hankins, who was at the center of a significantly improved Giants defense in 2016. His free agency, though, has been relatively quiet.

18. S T.J. McDonald
    -- A former player under Browns defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, McDonald started all

16 games and finished with 64 tackles and two interceptions last season.

20. LB Zach Brown

34. TE Jared Cook
    -- With Martellus Bennett landing in Green Bay, Cook is all but certain to be signing elsewhere. He had 30 receptions for 377 yards and a touchdown last season.

35. QB Jay Cutler (one year backup)

37. WR Michael Floyd (if we could get him at a low risk price due to off field issues, but potential is there.)

39. LB Kevin Minter

54. CB Brandon Carr
    -- He started every game for the NFC East champion Cowboys in 2016.

56. RB LeGarrette Blount
    -- The NFL’s leader in rushing touchdowns in 2016 is still available. (for a reasonable price and only if we trade Crow.)

63. S Bradley McDougald
    -- He started all but one game for the Buccaneers in the past two seasons. Only 26, the Columbus, Ohio, native combined for 178 tackles and four interceptions during that stretch.

79. QB Ryan Fitzpatrick (again, one year backup)

84. LB Erik Walden

90. RB DeAngelo Williams
    -- One of the NFL’s best security blankets over the past two seasons is still a viable player at
    33 years old. (again, only if we trade Crow.)

94. CB Nickell Robey-Coleman (unsure, but made good with another player that has a hyphenated name.) lol

98. S Jairus Byrd (good talent but probably too expensive.)

100. DB Darius Butler

All of these are intriguing, several would fill positions of need, possibly long term, definitely short term.

Personally, I'd rather draft a Satety, either Hooker, Melinfonwu, or Jackson. Really would also love either Lattimore, Conley, possibly White or Humphrey at CB. Did Eric Berry sign or resign with a team?
    Last edited by rab; 03-17-2017 at 12:07 AM.

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Slash McKenzie PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    Don't know why Byrd is too expensive. He sucks. Was AWFUL with the Saints.

"Johnny Idiotface over there is never going to bring you a title!" -Seth Rollins, the best in the world.

Licensed Dawgs
    Cleveland Browns St Louis Cardinals Chicago Blackhawks
    Quote Originally Posted by rab View Post
    Did Eric Berry sign or resign with a team?
    Signed an extension with Chiefs before FA opened, he's now the highest paid safety in the NFL.

Well, I thought Byrd was very well paid by the Saints, so I figured he'd be looking for big bucks, truthfully, not interested, as I said, I'd rather draft a Safety.

Ah, totally missed that bit of news on Berry, well, I'm not surprised. Wonder if the Browns looked into acquiring him? Guess it doesn't matter now. Good for him, he's a great player.

Field YatesVerified account @FieldYates 7m7 minutes agoMore

Source: the Browns hosted free agent S Bradley McDougald on a visit. He had 92 tackles, 10 PBU's and 2 INT's in 2016 with Tampa Bay.