Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Pirates
    Free-agent cornerback*Jason McCourty*is currently meeting with the*Cleveland Browns,*Ian Rapoport of NFL Network*reports.

The 29-year-old had dinner with the team's brass on Monday and is currently visiting its facility and taking a physical, Rapoport adds.

McCourty was released by the Tennessee Titans in April after eight seasons with the team. He was owed $7 million for the final year of his contract, a dollar amount deemed too high by the Titans.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

24/7 HS FB Commissioner The Brookster's Avatar
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Ohio State Buckeyes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffie View Post
    The Browns are talking with Free Agent CB Jason McCourty

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
    As well they should be in light of the Howard Wilson injury.

One thing about this front office - by not overcommitting to any one player, they are prepared to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves. They did the same with jamar Taylor at the back end of the 2016 Draft and were rewarded handsomely.

It looks like McCourty will sign - and I bet it is to an incentive laden contract. I'm guessing the contract will be the kind given to a player looking to resurrect his career after being cut. Whether that is here in Cleveland in 2018, or elsewhere - bottom line is the opportunity is there.

And at 29 years old, he is not of the vintage that Tramon Williams was, so I am assuming he will have skills to offer. Besides as a defensive player, who wouldn't want to play for Gregg Williams? Wonder where Jason went to school? Oh, that's right - Gregg doesn't give a ...... LOL.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!
    Sashi 2017: "We laid the foundation - let the rebuild commence!"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Brookster For This Useful Post:

FrostDawg231 (05-16-2017)

Welcome aboard Jason!

Jason McCourty signs with Browns on a two-year deal

The Cleveland Browns agreed to terms with defensive back Jason McCourty, formerly of the Tennessee Titans, on a two-year contract.
    What It Means: The Browns were McCourty's first and only visit following April's release. He had an impressive bounce-back campaign in 2016 after groin problems limited the corner to only four games the previous season. Turning 30 in August, McCourty should see plenty of playing time under defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who he played for in 2013 while still in Tennessee.

McCourty is joining a secondary that finished very last in the league in schedule-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2704175-jason-mccourty-reportedly-will-sign-with-browns-after-8-seasons-with-titans

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/playe...ign=dlvr.it_fi
    Last edited by The Brookster; 05-16-2017 at 11:00 PM.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Brookster For This Useful Post:

DawgUpNorth (05-17-2017), t~dawg (05-17-2017), zipazoid (05-16-2017)

The more I think about this signing - the more I like it.

The last thing this defense needs is to get younger. So bringing in a seasoned veteran like Jason and his eight years of NFL experience is a good thing for the kids we have back there. Then you toss in the added bonus of McCourtey having played for Gregg Williams - that's just icing on the cake. If called upon, he could mentor the kids as to what Gregg Williams is expecting. Sometimes, it is easier approaching a team mate as opposed to a coach, let alone a coordinator. Gregg Williams is also intimately knowledgeable as to what Jason can offer the Browns. To translate - if GW thinks you are toast - no way you get a contract here.

I think the the Browns may have fallen into a bucket of sXXt, and come up smelling like a rose.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    You need some kind of veteran presence, and who do we have on the defensive side of the ball? Haden? Well sure. But that's it.

The future is Wilson (McCourty is 29), but Wilson won't play this year. McCourty holds it down until he returns. Smart.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!

Picked up Chris Barker - formerly of NE and waived Gabe Wright

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/...4-5a0e8b036180

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    One camp fodder guy for another.
    Back, but did I ever truly leave?
    "Johnny Idiotface over there is never going to bring you a title!" -Seth Rollins, the best in the world.

Yikes, what happened to Wilson that we had to sign McCourty? Not a bad signing, as we need all the help at DB and in the secondary that we can get.

Just to give an update, eye was still bad two weeks ago, had staph infection, likely what has been slowing down the healing process, albeit, not the only thing. Looking into an ultraviolet light for 60 seconds seems to have taken the infection away, at least there's no signs as of now, hopefully it stays that way and in a month or so, I should be a lot better.

I've been having to wear a patch on my eye, so that's why I have not been around, again. Awaiting a delivery of a new antibiotic eye drop, 150 dollars for this little bottle, brings my total of paid out of my pocket meds to 1000 dollars, give or take and I have insurance but it's obviously garbage for meds, though it does cover surgeries.

All in an effort to prevent a cornea transplant.

Rab - first off - good luck in your eyesight recovery - that is no joke.

Howard Wilson fractured his kneecap on the first day of rookie minicamp. Hence the McCorty signing. The injury is not as bad as first feared - he MAY be back at midseason

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!