Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Tyrod Taylor

Cleveland Browns Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    Great discussion guys, great points.

I'm in the "meh" camp on Tyrod Taylor. But as a one year bridge guy it could work. I would not commit to him beyond 2019 though. Chill is correct that he sees himself as a starter and that is what he wants. He is not yet in that mentoring mode. There sure is a LOT Kizer could learn from him in how not to turn the ball over and to use his legs more.

Anyway he would be a much better choice than McCarron who does not have the experience starting to teach the rookie and Kizer much since he has not experienced it himself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DawgUpNorth For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (02-11-2018)

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgUpNorth View Post
    Great discussion guys, great points.

I'm in the "meh" camp on Tyrod Taylor. But as a one year bridge guy it could work. I would not commit to him beyond 2019 though. Chill is correct that he sees himself as a starter and that is what he wants. He is not yet in that mentoring mode. There sure is a LOT Kizer could learn from him in how not to turn the ball over and to use his legs more.

Anyway he would be a much better choice than McCarron who does not have the experience starting to teach the rookie and Kizer much since he has not experienced it himself.
    Agreed, regarding McCarron. Kizer has started more games than him. He's not a real veteran.

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    Here's what I want re a "bridge" QB -

I want a guy who knows we're taking a QB at #1 & being pissed about it. To take it as a challenge, and to outplay the kid. A mentor? Screw that. I want a competitor. Go hire Bernie if you want a mentor for the kid. But I want the signed QB to take it as an affront to his job security & doing something about it on the field.

To put it differently, if there was a FA QB who wouldn't sign with us cuz we're taking a QB at #1 or #4...I wouldn't want him on my team anyway. He wants the job handed to him. Jay Cutler Disease.

24/7 HS FB Commissioner The Brookster's Avatar
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Ohio State Buckeyes
    Quote Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post
    Here's what I want re a "bridge" QB -

I want a guy who knows we're taking a QB at #1 & being pissed about it. To take it as a challenge, and to outplay the kid. A mentor? Screw that. I want a competitor. Go hire Bernie if you want a mentor for the kid. But I want the signed QB to take it as an affront to his job security & doing something about it on the field.

To put it differently, if there was a FA QB who wouldn't sign with us cuz we're taking a QB at #1 or #4...I wouldn't want him on my team anyway. He wants the job handed to him. Jay Cutler Disease.
    There's a guy coming out of school this year with the same problem. His name is Josh Pansy Ass Rosen.............. GTF away from my team. Oooohhh - I'm afraid of a little work.......... Have fun dealing with the sharks of the New York media.

But you make a great point Zip. I posted in another thread our best option may be to sign a young veteran QB - front load the contract with a club option after 2 years. Player gets paid well, club is not married into a horrible contract.

Win win

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!
    From Stabber's Browns' Bible
    In John we trust (12:7)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Brookster For This Useful Post:

zipazoid (02-11-2018)

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brookster View Post
    There's a guy coming out of school this year with the same problem. His name is Josh Pansy Ass Rosen.............. GTF away from my team. Oooohhh - I'm afraid of a little work.......... Have fun dealing with the sharks of the New York media.

But you make a great point Zip. I posted in another thread our best option may be to sign a young veteran QB - front load the contract with a club option after 2 years. Player gets paid well, club is not married into a horrible contract.

Win win
    I like Ty Taylor. He's proven to be, at worst, a capable starter. You know what you're getting with him under center - smart player, protects the ball, can make things happen with his feet. He can certainly, at the least, hold the position down until the drafted QB is ready.

BUT...he could also straight-up win the job. He has that potential. I wouldn't mind at all having him as the "bridge vet" - certainly more so than McCarron.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zipazoid For This Useful Post:

The Brookster (02-11-2018)