Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brookster View Post
    If I may add too Chill - a bit of the ol' number 4 between 1:32 and 1:45 of the All Passes Colorado clip. Incredible
    I think he's more controlled than Favre. He's disciplined, even though he's a bit reckless. Mahomes reminded me of Favre, lacks discipline in his game like Favre always did. I think Darnold has it already.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillzilla For This Useful Post:

The Brookster (05-19-2017)

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bill Gorgonzola PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    ESPN's Matt Bowen believes USC redshirt sophomore QB Sam Darnold is "surgical in the short-to-intermediate" area but must "take more calculated risks and show better ball placement on deep throws."
    "Even with a long release that could be tweaked by pro coaches, Darnold gets the ball out with speed and he's accurate in the USC system," Bowen wrote. The analyst complimented Darnold's arm strength and quick feet in the scouting report, and dispelled concerns that USC's system has affected the prospect's field vision. "You'll see plenty of spread concepts in USC's system, but Darnold also goes through full-field reads in this offense," Bowen wrote. Darnold is the Heisman favorite and the consensus No. 1 NFL prospect heading into the new season, but keep in mind that he's only started 10 games.
    Source: ESPN May 23 - 2:35 PM

24/7 HS FB Commissioner The Brookster's Avatar
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Ohio State Buckeyes
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sam Darnold let the clock run out before half? He&#39;s a Brown.</p>&mdash; Dawgs By Nature (@DawgsByNature) <a href="https://twitter.com/DawgsByNature/status/932077781059596289?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!
    From Stabber's Browns' Bible
    In John we trust (12:7)

I think last night's Cotton Bowl was a fairly accurate snapshot of what Sam Darnold will be in the NFL next year, should he decide to leave USC. You can clearly see the talent he possesses. He made some "wow" throws, dropping it in the bucket to his WRs along the sidelines where only his guy could go get it. Those are NFL throws.

But when pressured, which he will see more often than not on Sundays, Sam made some less than stellar throws. The worst of this was the pick six by Damon Webb. When pressured, Darnold locked onto his receiver on a slant from the left to the right. He cut it loose...... Problem was he never saw Damon Webb jumping the route from the right to the left - and we all saw the result.

Noe the announcers were so pro-USC it was regurgitating. But the one valid point they did make was about Sam's body language after a turnover. Remember, we are talking about the potential #1 overall pick - not just a first rounder. Instead of coming off the field showing an expression of "C'mon guys - chins up; we'll get that back..." Sam came off with a totally defeated look, his body almost slumping. Certainly not what a pro scout wants to see.

It would be so much better for Sam to return for his junior season at USC to continue to develop. He would be away from the pressure that the number one overall pick inherently is saddled with. If he is anything less than stellar his first pro season, he will be prematurely labeled a "bust". He will be better equipped to handle that pressure in 2019, not 2018.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes NULL
    If he comes out this year and you draft him you better have a plan in place to let him sit at least 1 year....maybe longer.
    He's got a high ceiling but is nowhere near ready to show it in the NFL.

Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Pirates
    Maybe the Browns can take him next year at#1....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Won't be next year Cheffie - it will be this year - he declared for the draft today

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ter-josh-rosen

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!

Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Pirates
    He's Kizer all over again..higher ceiling..but he's a turnover machine. He needs to sit and learn.
    I'm ok with the Browns taking him, but the had better get a veteran QB.

I still want Baker though

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Montreal Canadiens
    After watching him in his last few games I was really shocked on how he had regressed. Could it be because 2016 team had more talent and he had a better OL and wide receivers. Also, they hired a new coach and that might have had something to do with his lack of improvement. No, even I can see that's this kid is not ready for the big stage, not by a long shot. As Brooksie stated in his post that he shows he can make some "Wow throws" and then at times when pressured, he seems to get harried and confused, consequently making bad decision which turns into an interception or fumble. Course with the upcoming Combine and team work-outs he could excel enough to lure teams to be willing to take a chance on him and be patient enough to let him grow into the guy he was projected to be at the end of 2016. jmho
    Last edited by stabber27; 01-04-2018 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    If he comes out this year and you draft him you better have a plan in place to let him sit at least 1 year....maybe longer.
    He's got a high ceiling but is nowhere near ready to show it in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffie View Post
    He's Kizer all over again..higher ceiling..but he's a turnover machine. He needs to sit and learn.
    I'm ok with the Browns taking him, but the had better get a veteran QB.

I still want Baker though

Great points guys.

After being on again off again about Sam - I am on again.

For these reasons:
    • What we saw on Dec. 29th in the Cotton Bowl, will be indeed every day life in the NFL. There are plenty of NFL DLs that rival the success that the Buckeyes had that night. Just of the top of my head - the one that is playing tomorrow for an AFC crown.
    • But the success that the Buckeyes had needs to be tempered just a bit as the horrible state of the USC offensive line last year. There is a lot of truth in the saying that you are never as good as you think you are when you are winning, and you are never as bad as you think you are when you are losing . The latter was the case on Dec. 29th.
    • Look at how many times in the below link Sam is knocked off his spot in the pocket. Pay attention to, once he re-establishes a throwing position, he needs to relocate his receivers. He does this seamlessly - and then launches a throw that is the envy of any NFL scout. There is no question he possesses "NFL arm strength". And yet his passes show what his brain is processing - when his receivers are open and not. His passes sail high enough over the outstretched hands of defenders, and yet dt the exact moment needed moment, they drop out of the sky and into the receivers hands.
    • The two quartebacks who routinely did that terrorized the Browns for a few decades - most recently, Ben Roethlisberger, and back in the day, Terry Bradshaw.
    • The other thing that shocked me about this video was how many times that Sam put the passes exactly where his guys needed them to be. Not on the wrong side or behind them - but on their hands. And his throwing motion is compact and effortless. He flicks his wrist, and the ball is on its way with laser accuracy. To be honest, there was one pass that I saw that was underthrown, out of all the passes on this clip, and that was after being in the air for 50 yards.
    • All of the above is nice, BUT Sam only had 2 years of college competition. It would be sooooo beneficial to have that credible veteran presence at QB to allow Sam the time to acclimate to the speed of the NFL game, and the length of the season.
    • Lastly, want to know haow many times the Browns have taken a QB with the #1 pick in the draft since 1970? That would be 2. Phipps in 1970 ns Tim Couch in 1999. If an elite prospect is there - you HAVE to take him.

Enjoy the clip

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!