Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    24/7 HS FB Commissioner The Brookster's Avatar
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Ohio State Buckeyes

2018 - Sam Darnold, USC

If young Sam has a redshirt sophomore campaign like the redshirt freshman one he just posted - he certainly will be the centerpiece of the conversation that starts with "Who will be the be the top pick in April's draft?"

Certainly a pro ready QB. Will be an interesting QB class eligibles - Darnold, Josh Rosen (UCLA), and Jake Browning (Washington).

http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-f...ld_971855.html

Last edited by Chillzilla; 05-11-2017 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Just adding some clips

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!
    Sashi 2017: "We laid the foundation - let the rebuild commence!"

This is why I would build a rock solid defense through the 2017 draft, then move heaven and earth to get Sam Darnold in the 2018 draft

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!

Cleveland Browns Ohio State Buckeyes Michigan State Spartans
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Slash McKenzie PSN ID: ChilllZillla
    The 2018 Draft is definitely shaping up to be much better than 2017. Any of the aforementioned guys would be the shoe in first QB taken this year.

"Johnny Idiotface over there is never going to bring you a title!" -Seth Rollins, the best in the world.

Cleveland Browns Kent State Golden Flashes Auburn Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillzilla View Post
    The 2018 Draft is definitely shaping up to be much better than 2017. Any of the aforementioned guys would be the shoe in first QB taken this year.
    Then I can see trading a pick this year for one next. Maybe our second for a first in 2018?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zipazoid For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (01-15-2017)

Wonder what it would take to get the Niners' top choice next year? Because they WILL lead the league in suckage next season.....

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Brookster For This Useful Post:

Chillzilla (01-15-2017)

And another point about building the defense first from this DEEP defensive draft, and waiting until 2018 to get your franchise QB when the talent will be much deeper then...........

I'm watching the Falcons - Seahawks game. Vic Beasley was selected in the 2015 draft, and then was hurt in training camp and missed the entire 2015 season. IIRC - the Falcons missed the playoffs.

So Beasley rehabbed and was ready to go in 2016. Think he made a difference? Dude lead the league in sacks last year, and he spearheaded the Falcons 2016 drive, not only to the playoffs, but also a first round bye.

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!

Gamer IDs

I kind of want to stay put this year, I like the spots we are in.

"Johnny Idiotface over there is never going to bring you a title!" -Seth Rollins, the best in the world.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillzilla For This Useful Post:

Diehard (01-16-2017)

Cleveland Browns Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    Darnald looks really good. But we will not be picking first next year. So unless we are prepared to give up a bunch of high draft picks like Philly gave us I don't see us having a shot at him.

Gamer IDs

So, I've been doing my preliminary scouting on these guys over the past few days with school finally letting out for about two weeks. Sam Darnold is my top QB for next year, at least right now. He has some flaws, but if he decides to enter the 2018 NFL Draft, he's going to be 20 years old on draft day. For a few of the games, each I have watched thus far I edited into the first post in this thread, I was trying to think of who he reminded me of in the big league. He's raw, but he's got a lot of Aaron Rodgers in him. Watch the "all passes against Colorado" video and watch the play from 0:58-1:06. The pass is incomplete, but watch Darnold. He gets flushed out of the pocket immediately, and on the run while keeping his eyes down field the entire play, throws a perfect strike right into his receiver's hands 20 yards down the field. That throw right there told me his comparison had to be Rodgers. He's bigger and more rough around the edges, but the throws he makes down the field are the same types of throws Rodgers does. He has an uncanny ability to escape a congested pocket while also keeping his eyes down the field and making throws nobody else in college football can make. When his pocket isn't immediately blown up, he's quick and decisive with the ball. Throws absolute darts. It's not always good, as he makes the occasional boneheaded interception or inaccurate pass, but when you have a gunslinger mentality you live by the sword and die by the sword. I'm so excited to see where this kid ends up in a few months. You don't have his kind of talent and regress with more experience and maturity. I think he's going to separate himself as the top guy relatively early.

By comparison, I think Josh Rosen is a really nice QB as well. Darnold, however, is bigger, stronger, not currently injured, and has shown better tape overall in fewer games played.
    Last edited by Chillzilla; 05-11-2017 at 08:47 AM.

If I may add too Chill - a bit of the ol' number 4 between 1:32 and 1:45 of the All Passes Colorado clip. Incredible

A NEW DAY IS DAWNING!